Barns, blooms and birds - Wk 4

Still continuing my series on barns, blooms and birds for Week 4.

This red tobacco barn is also around the Murray, KY, area and less than a mile down the road from me. 


Did you notice how small the windows on this barn are? It's certainly not like a hay barn you see in other places. 


I imagine the small openings have a part in drying the tobacco. The small windows certainly make the barn look massive. 

This tobacco barn also has good fences surrounding it. 



I am so happy to say that my roses are budding and blooming again. This week is even better than last week. I had been worried about them but they are putting on a show this week.


The shasta daisies are always so showy in the yard and super easy to care for. 



I'm seeing more tomatoes and blooms on the vines. My tomatoes are in pots this year.



This cute little Downy woodpecker will eat black oil sunflower seeds when my suet feeders are empty. He will eat at the feeders with me sitting just a few feet away. I had friends of mine sitting on the deck the other day and he still came over and wasn't bothered by us at all. 


My husband just returned from a walleye fishing trip into Canada. He has a few images I wanted to share with you. Although they aren't close up shots like my yard birds (he only had a small camera with him), I'll show you a few of these Bald Eagles he captured. 



One in flight and one perched. 


Thanks for stopping in for another day of Life in Kentucky - Judy.

Linking to: 


Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Lavender Cottage last Monday of the month
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods on Monday

Our World @ Our World Tuesday Meme
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ StoneGable Blog
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday @ Kathe With an E
Wednesday Around the World @ Photographing New Zealand

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm on Thursday evening

Photo Friday @ Pierced Wonderings
Skywatch Friday @ Skyley


Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon

Tom's Barn Collective @ The Backroad Traveler on Sunday
Seasons @ St. Germain's Blog on Sunday





17 comments:

  1. Woodpeckers can try ur patience. I guess they know what they want to eat though, ha ha. I love the deep red of that tobacco barn, interesting about the windows, I bet ur right about the size and the drying process. Ur tomatoes r looking good, I've had luck growing them in pots, especially cherry tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots. That barn is something. I have family that now lives in Kentucky.

    Seeing those Eagles must have been something for your husband

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outdoor presentation. I really enjoy seeing the old home places and wonder about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos, Judy! And your roses are beautiful, as well as the tomatoes. My hubby tried some in pots last year; and they did really well. So, he did it again this year. They have produced quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We put out tomatoes in pots this year too. Up on the deck so we can watch them better. My are about the size of yours. Ky. is full of tobacco barns. Tobacco not as profitable as it once was but still around. Great bird photos. Good hubby got some shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post Judy. I enjoyed the flowers and the barn and love the downy woodpeckers that visit my yard...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before I forget do you know about Good Fences on Thursday at Run around Ranch. You might want to link over there sometime.
    I enjoyed your post. You've taken some love shots. I do love the barn. These are some fabulous bird captures. I've enjoyed visiting. I'm following you now and I'll sign up for your emails.
    I hope you can come over to my place for a visit!
    https://myjourneyback-thejourneyback.blogspot.com/2016/06/wordless-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoying your series on barns especially. I love driving "scenic" roads and barns are always interesting to see. This one is really pretty. Your woodpecker is quite the handsome guy and love the snaps from your husband of the Eagle. Lovely roses and your tomatoes are looking good.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so miss these sights thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I love the red barn and your beautiful roses. The shasta daisies are my favorite. The woodpeckers are a great yard bird. Your hubby got some great shots and sighting of the eagles. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love a barn!!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  12. The red barn is a great find with fences too! It is still easy to admire the eagle's grandeur from your husband's photos!
    Best wishes
    Christineandhercamera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful barn shots and awesome macro shots!

    Happy Day and Weekend to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. To see an eagle such as you did, well...that would be a thrill of a lifetime for me. They supposedly have 'em here in Texas, but I haven't seen any in the years we've lived here. Way back in my youth, in Colorado, was the last I saw 'em in the wild like you did. I'm so jealous.

    Thanks so much for stopping by to share this post with all us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week. It's always appreciated.

    PS...the thought of homegrown tomatoes makes me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello!:) What a lovely red barn scene, with fences in the same shot. I love coming across something of interest like this, when hubs and I are riding around the country. Your Woodpeckers are tamer than ours, ..I can only see one if hidden inside my hide. Beautiful roses,
    and there is nothing like home grown fruit and veg.
    Enjoy your Sunday.:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great barn photos!
    Love your flowers!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome captures of all the birds. Love seeing the bald eagles. Only one in many years I will see an eagle. Their nests are off the beaten path for their protection but sadly for our enjoyment. Guess they need their privacy :-) Your roses are doing beautifully and your shasta daisies are so sweet. I Whenever they appear at WallyWorld, I buy a bunch. They are pretty, a happy flower and they last and last. The is the first tobacco barn I have seen since when I lived in NC, I do like the tiny windows....definitely out of proportion with the rest of the barn. Thanks for a super post. Have a nice week. genie

    ReplyDelete