At the Feeders and In The Trees #50

Today is my 50th post in my "At the Feeders and In The Trees" series. This series was started in December 2016. It wasn't always a weekly post then just evolved into something more regular. 


I was so thrilled to share an Eastern Bluebird visiting in the trees off the deck in the series Post #49 and now much to my surprise, the Bluebird made a return visit this week. 




It's a good thing my camera is always on the counter by the sliding glass door for quick access. The bluebird in looking down in the next picture. He seemed to be looking for insects and flew down to the ground quickly. 




Robins are making their appearance for Spring. They will soon be nesting in our area. They are known for eating worms but also eat insects and berries. They do migrate and return in the spring, often, with a new mate. 




The Carolina Wren



The Carolina Chickadee is such a cute little, tiny bird. 




He visited my feeders for the black-oil sunflower seeds. You can see one in his beak below. 




This Downy Woodpecker is a male, you can tell by the red coloring on the back of his head. 




The House Finch is often hard to identify from the Purple Finch. The House Finch is redder in color.




Here is a pic of a Purple Finch I took a while back. The Purple Finch is a beautiful raspberry color. There are other identifying features to distinguish these two birds. 




The Brown Thrasher has a down curved bill and a starring yellow eye. 





Did you know that the Brown Thrasher has over 1,100 different song types and can imitate other birds' songs?




The Tufted Titmouse is larger than the Chickadee. It has a crested head and notice the black patch above the bill. 




The titmouse has a large black eye with a thick neck. 



I snapped a pic of this Eastern Towhee in the trees near my feeders. 




A small Downy Woodpecker came up behind the Towee in the trees. 




I'm so happy to welcome spring into our area. My cherry trees are blooming. 




Take care and happy birding - Judy.

Linking to:

MET Monday @ BNOTP

OMHG Wonderful Wednesday on Monday

You're the Star @ God's Growing Garden on Monday

Image-in-ing on Monday

Through My Lens on Monday

Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention on Wednesday am

My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday 



15 comments:

  1. Hello Judy,

    You are seeing a great variety of birds in the trees and at your feeders. Some of my favorites are the Bluebirds, the Brown Thrasher, Purple Finch and the Towhee. Great photos and post. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all such wonderful birds and many that we look for here. We've learned about the Brown Thrasher and all of his songs. We thought we were hearing a Mockingbird until we saw one of the Thrashers singing! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow … what an array of birds. And how remarkable that the Brown Trasher has over a thousand different song types and can imitate the songs of other birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Judy ~ lovely macro shots of our beautiful 'feathered' friends ~ Glad you have seen a robin too ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I LOVE your Bluebird! There are never enough of them around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you might have hurt the Brown Thrasher's feelings by calling him a Brown Trasher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, but you have some very beautiful photos! I especially like the one of the Eastern bluebird! Thank you and have a wonderful weekend! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful captures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great series of photos of so many different bird species.
    I love the Eastern Bluebird, unfortunately this and so many other species are not found here.
    We call the Brown Thrasher song thrush (Turdus philomelos) here when I see the right species in front of me, which several species can imitate, but the blackbird can also imitate many birds.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hell Judy :=)
    What a great series of bird visitors to your feeders. Delightful to see, because of course not one of them reside in Portugal. Lovely captures of all the birds.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That comment should read Hello Judy, but I had to laugh when I read it.:=)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Such a delightful array of birds!
    The Eastern Bluebird is my favourite.

    Happy Easter, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great series of beautiful birds. I am never tired of listening to the singing of the birds in my garden.

    ReplyDelete