Spring Colors on the Peninsula

Many of you know how I love the color aqua so I'm designing another scape for the peninsula with this beautiful soft color.




Although orange is a bold color, the orange in the salad plates (Pier 1) is pale and looks soft next to the aqua.




I think I could set the table every day with aqua. You may be surprised the bubble stemware came from Michael's Crafts a year or so ago. I remember being taken back that Michael's had such beautiful aqua stemware. 


The aqua flowered vase came from Pier 1 a few years back but I still saw one in the Paducah, KY store last week. The flower petals are so delicate and easy to chip. The birds are from Michael's. 



We are really experiencing Spring weather here in Western Kentucky. We have even been sitting on the deck a few times and soaking up a little sunshine. The birds just love our feeders and will visit even with us sitting out as long as we aren't too noisy. 


I've been enjoying this beautiful hydrangea for a couple of weeks and plan to plant it soon in my yard. 




The placemats and napkins are new from Pier 1.







Thanks for stopping by for another day of Life in Kentucky - Judy.

You can see some of my other tablescapes using aqua here, here, and here

Linking to: 
Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Lavendar Cottage
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm
Celebrate Your Story @ Sweet Sensations

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ StoneGable Blog
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday @ Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Swing Into Spring@ DIY by Design


Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style on Tuesday evening
Share Your Style Link Party @ The Essence of Home on Thursday evening
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Favorite Things Thursday @ Katherine's Corner
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home on Thursday
Weekend Retreat @ AKA Design Blog
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Inspiration Thursday @ In The New House
The Creative Circle @ Domestic Charm

Feathered Nest Friday @ The French Country Cottage
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm
The Bouquet of Talent Party @ Life on Lakeshore Drive - Saturday
DIY Sunday Showcase @ The Interior Frugalista - Saturday

Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Sundays at Home @ Love of Home
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home 
Sunny Simple Sunday @ Sunny Simple Life 
Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays







22 comments:

  1. Judy, this is beautiful. Aqua is my favorite for tablescapes, although green is my favorite color...there is just something about an aqua table that speaks to me...actually shouts!
    I have always liked blues and oranges together, so the salad plates are right up my alley.
    I didn't know that Michael's has glassware...need to make a note to check them out! Love the vase, it is so fragile looking.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this color combo Judy. I remember that flowery vase and was quite fond of it too and the little birds go so well with it. The hydrangea color is to pretty. I don't remember seeing glassware at Michael's- what a nice find. I like the colors and design on the dishes. Looks like a pretty start for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a soft, fresh palette! Gorgeous table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tablescape! So perfect for a spring meal. You're so right about the lure of aqua. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table and beautiful blues!

    Donna@GardensEyeView
    and LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I love your table set in aqua. Interesting which stores carry colors at different times. One needs to keep an eye out at all the retail establishments to catch the unexpected. Thanks for sharing. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just tried to leave a comment and it wouldn't take. So here goes again:) I love this setting! You know I love all shades of blue! The salad plates are beautiful!!! Also, I just bought the same birds at Michaels today! Great minds:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy, Your scape is so pretty, I love the aqua color too. You really have the spring look with this color, the vase and the touch of orange really pops. I love the little birds. I'm sure y'all enjoyed this meal……
    Hope you are having a great week……….

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the beautiful blue at your table, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO in love with your tablescape! Those dishes and those birds! *swoon*
    You have reeled me in and I have signed up to receive your notification emails.
    :)
    http://gwingal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your peninsula-scapes just keep getting better! You are an inspiration for anyone who needs to come up with something pretty for a kitchen with the same type of "eating space". Love the colours of this one and the dishes are so pretty. The "centerpiece" ties in perfectly as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing at SYC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blue dishes, it's perfect for Spring. I love that shade of blue. The centerpiece brings it all together beautifully!
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy, aqua is the perfect spring color, and I love all of your aqua accessories. That vase is gorgeous. Your place settings are so soft and spring-like. I will be in Kentucky this weekend. Looking forward to my trip with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judy, I am a fan of aqua and your table is beautiful! I love the salad plates and the stemware from Michaels is perfect!
    Blessings,
    Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful, Judy! I love the colors and the salad plate pattern...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your beautiful dishes with SYC - pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful shade of blue! This setting looks so peaceful and I love the pattern on the plates. Thanks for linking up with us at Celebrate Your Story and we hope you join us again. Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty Judy, love the plates and the delicate flower vase, this setting sings Spring!

    ReplyDelete

  20. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love blue tablescapes and this one is perfect! You've done a great job layering everything. Thanks so much for sharing at Inspiration Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pier One does have some wonderful things. Love the touch of orange with the aqua! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete