Looking Out the Window: The Brown Thrasher

Looking out my window, I could see a fairly large bird with a long tail sitting on one of the branches off the deck. I got my camera and zoomed in to take a look at its details.






The Brown Thrasher is foxy brown color with heavy dark streaking on its whitish underparts. I read here that it is a songbird with legs that are long and sturdy, and the bill is long and slightly down curved. 






The Brown Thrasher has bright yellow eyes as seen below.



He has come to visit in the tree by the deck but I haven't seen him on any of my feeders.  I have put out a new feeder with black oil sunflower seeds so I'm hoping to see him more often.



Thanks for stopping by for another day of Life in Kentucky - Judy. 

Linking to:

Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Lavendar Cottage
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods

Our World @ Our World Tuesday Meme
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ StoneGable Blog
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday @ Kathe With an E

Winter Blues Wednesday@ DIY by Design

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern


Favorite Things Thursday @ Katherine's Corner
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen
The Bird De'Pot @ I'd Rather Be Birdin
The Bouquet of Talent Party @ Life on Lakeshore Drive - Saturday
Sunny Simple Sunday @ Sunny Simple Life on Saturday




25 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful bird. We will start to look for it. You did a great job on the photography too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I love the Brown Thrasher. They have intense looking eyes. Great shots and wonderful visitor. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bird watching! Great photos.
    :)
    http://gwingal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy these are fabulous shots of a beautiful bird I wish visited us!

    Donna@GardensEyeView
    and LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a handsome and interesting bird. From the name I'm guessing they thrash around in the undergrowth looking for their favourite foods. I hope you can attract one to your feeders Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great bird to see out of your window

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos of the brown thrasher. Only once have I seen one in the backyard and I heard it before finding it and had to use a book to ID the species.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:15 PM

    A very pretty little bird, great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen one in person....Lovely bird to pay a visit to you..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. A simple but lovely little critter. Your photos are really great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous looking bird and great shots of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos!
    I see Brown Thrashers when I walk in the local park.
    Have a great day!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love watching birds! You got a great shot of the thrasher!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos of a beautiful bird, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic photos and beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great for shooting a mockingbird red light!
    You have to make really beautiful pictures of this bird with beautiful details.
    Greetings, Helma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a handsome bird! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful bird and great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello, cool sighting and photos of the Brown Thrasher. They are one of my favorite birds. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are lovely portrait shots of this beautiful bird.I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brown Thrasher is a cool birdie. I think I've seen him/her before, but have misidentified.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you have a terrific week ahead, and thanks so much for participating and sharing your bird...the beautiful brown thrasher for us at I'd Rather B Birdin'. I love to hear them sing in the trees around here.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are getting some really amazing bird pics, Judy - wow!

    Very well done, ma'am! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete