Two Rockers and A View

I have two rockers from Cracker Barrel on my front porch here in Kentucky. Both were gifts from my husband, one for our anniversary in late December and one for my birthday in March. I do remember a few years ago they were priced about $100 and was I surprised how much that price has gone up. 



Now is a perfect time to sit in the rockers and enjoy the view of my front yard and flower beds. The earliest signs of spring brought this look to my yard with the pear trees and daffodils.



Now those have dropped their blooms and I have moved into purple bearded irises.



Our pink weigela buds are opening. 




A couple of rose buds have opened. 



My husband planted four pink dogwoods and 4 white dogwoods this spring and we were happy to see a few blooms open. 


I have a lot to be thankful for with these beautiful blooms and the color in my yard. 


Thanks for stopping by for another day of Life in Kentucky - Judy. 


Linking to: 
A Garden Party @ Share Your Cup
Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Lavender Cottage
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm
Celebrate Your Story @ Sweet Sensations

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ StoneGable Blog
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday @ Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Swing Into Spring@ DIY by Design

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style on Tuesday evening
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme on Wednesday
Share Your Style Link Party @ The Essence of Home on Thursday evening


Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Favorite Things Thursday @ Katherine's Corner
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home on Thursday
Weekend Retreat @ AKA Design Blog
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Inspiration Thursday @ In The New House
The Creative Circle @ Domestic Charm

Photo Friday @ Pierced Wonderings
Feathered Nest Friday @ The French Country Cottage
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm
The Bouquet of Talent Party @ Life on Lakeshore Drive - Saturday
DIY Sunday Showcase @ The Interior Frugalista - Saturday

Sundays at Home @ Love of Home
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home 
Sunny Simple Sunday @ Sunny Simple Life 





19 comments:

  1. I would sit there and enjoy the view, too. Gorgeous colors! My iris are getting ready to blossom, I noticed the other day. Lilacs have come and just about gone, there are a few at the top of the tree/bush. I noticed the roses had aphids, so I took care of that earlier today.
    Have a great weekend, enjoy those rockers, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What thoughtful gifts! My husband and I were just commenting on how nice it would be to have a couple of those on our porch. Your iris are beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place to sit and enjoy that beautiful view of your flowers Judt. I love to rock and all you need is a glass of tea of lemonade to welcome the season. I love all of your flowers, the purple Iris and daffs are some of my very favorites. Enjoy, sweet spring comes and goes in such a hurry……….

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, sorry about the typo in your name………..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice rockers and beautiful flowers1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those rockers and would love a porch to sit on too. Sounds idyllic looking at all those gorgeous flowers. As you enjoy participating in memes, I would like to invite you to join mine at Today's Flowers. It is open all week until Thursday night, and I would love you to join us. Your flowers are phenomenal.

    The address for this week's link on my blog is:

    http://anenglishgirlrambles2016.blogspot.com/2016/04/todays-flowers-405-april-22nd-2016.html

    Thanks for considering and have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, Judy, Judy,


    Your garden photos are so pretty. Are you not just filled with wonder when you see what's happening outside?

    Thank you so much for sharing this at the garden party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back again to thank you for linking up with Today's Flowers Judy, very much appreciated. Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First thing I do, every day when I get home from work, is take a walk around the yard to see what is blooming. It is my winding down time.
    :)
    https://gwingal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sitting in a rocker and enjoying the view sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judy, I'd love to sit in one of those rockers and take in your Kentucky view. You have a beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy what gorgeous blooms.Thank you so much for linking up to the Garden Party. Your garden is completely enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We truly are blessed to have so much beauty in this world! Your garden is just lovely. My pear tree and daffodils are through, but m Iris are just in bud. Won't be long now. I love Dogwoods and really want to try growing one here in UT. I have seen a couple of people that have gotten them to live. :) Thanks for sharing with the Garden Party.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an inspirational post of pure Spring beauty.
    I would love to sit on those rockers and rejoice in the beauty of the day.
    Thank you so much for sharing this at The garden party!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judy,
    Even with a new front porch. . .there is still no space for a rocker, dear friend!
    I'm thrilled that you and husband can enjoy this Spring time on the porch rocking as you view the gorgeous flowers and trees!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. The rockers look like a great place from which to watch spring unfold. We have lots of dogwood in our neighbourhood too - pink and white - it is our provincial flower.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many beautiful blooms! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, Judy - you are so much farther ahead than we only one state north of you.

    Your garden blooms are amazing -so much beauty and color! Thanks so much for sharing - it's another cold and rainy day today here. Well grey and rainy - it is actually colder inside than it is outside I guess. The weather has been WEIRD - but was so nice for Mother's Day, thank goodness.

    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks beautiful Judy.

    ReplyDelete