What Is It About Light Blue?

I don't know what is happening but I am loving everything I see in light blue. I find myself pinning everything I see on Pinterest with this color. Whether it is food on a light blue plate, draperies, painted walls, painted chests, or tablescapes, I love them all. I thought I would share some of the images I have been pinning with this obsessive color. I made two mosaics of my pins.



I don't really think it is a new obsessive color for me but is a rekindled love of this color. I have been thinking about when I was a senior in high school (many moons ago), I loved aqua and wanted my Christmas dance dress to be aqua. Of course, I couldn't find a dress in this color so my sweet mother made one for me. I was so proud in my aqua knee-length dress. I had matching shoes and a purse in aqua too; and my date was the same guy I have now been married to for 41 years. 


Then for my Spring dance, I wanted an aqua formal and once again my mom found aqua fabric (satin) for the bottom and white lace for the bodice. The dress was "A-line" and again, I was so happy in my aqua formal. I'm going to look for pictures and share them if I can find them.




I think these eggs from the Pinterest picture of the blue and green eggs are a good example of the shades of light blue and aqua that are so stunning.

Here is a link to my Blue/Aqua Pinterest Board (not sure the link will work unless you are following me on Pinterest). I do have a Follow Me On Pinterest button on my sidebar.



I am joining the following parties:

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday’s Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
Danette at The Shady Porch for Rock and Share Wednesday
Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday
The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
It's Overflowing
A Delightful Life for A Return to Loveliness on Thursday
DaNita at Delightful Order for Delightfully Inspiring Thursday 
Twin Dragonfly Designs 
French Cupboard
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursday
Kristen’s Creations for Share Your Creations on Thursday
House of Hepworths for Hookin Up With House of Hepworths Thursday
Becca at Home is Where My Story Begins for Home and Family Friday
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Stuff and Nonsense for Friday's Unfold
Becca at Home is Where My Story Begins for Home and Family Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Rachelle at Fingerprints on the Fridge for Feature Yourself Friday
Shabby Cottage Collectibles for Friday Pins Sunday
Beverly How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Be Colorful
Your're Talking Too Much for Meet Me Monday

Little Red House for Mosaic Monday


25 comments:

  1. I understand. After only buying/wearing orange for years, I'm suddenly attracted to green. (Maybe that means I'm going to come into some money in the future????)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that blue is beautiful! It just seems so calm and peaceful. I'm having a Share Your Pins Sunday (first week) and I'd sure would be happy if you linked up .. you can link up until Friday. Warm hugs, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love this color of blue mixed with pink roses. Roses in a vase this color are astonishing. Framing a print of pink roses in a frame this color takes your breath away. I love plates that have pink roses with a pale aqua border too. Enjoy, and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy! I'm right there with you. I love this shade of blue ... especially the blue of those eggs. I hope you find your pictures from your high school dances. Would love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'm with you, Judy! I don't know what it is either and normally I wouldn't say "blue" if someone asked me colors I liked, but I am drawn to these shades of blue myself. I did a dresser recently in the Annie Sloan Duck Egg, which falls within these colors. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about blue. All my life I have been a "green" person, but all of a sudden I am attracted to blue, especially aqua. I am going to follow you on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. I love light blue....any shade. I painted my downstairs Moody Blue by SW and sometimes it's blue and sometimes it's green. But it's always pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am right there with you! I can't get enough light blue. I've been having thoughts of painting everything blue. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just love your collection of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! I'm with you on loving the blue... it's my favorite!!! Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures. I'm your newest fan! Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh ... I hear you! Thanks for the eggs and for all things BLUE.

    Mary @ Sea Quilts

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm one that adores the color aqua also. Such a peaceful color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel the same way. I just followed you on Pinterest. I could look at those colors all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite color! I am pinning these beautiful images. Thanks for sharing. xo, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was able to look at your pinterest board--very pretty! I am with you--I can't get enough of Aqua. I have really been obsessed recently. I am thinking of painting my sunroom walls some color of Aqua--do you have any suggestions? I have been asking everyone--I'm looking for the perfect wall color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one of my favorite colors as well. Beautiful Post! I just blogged about Aqua Tablescape...hope you will visit Magnolia Cottage. I am your newest follower.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore this color! It is the best! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. The color is beautiful for sure.
    I would love to have some eggs that color.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love this color. It has a freshness and a lightness that makes things so comfortable. Have vintage mason jars in this color that I refuse to sell at my flower shop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think Springtime has something to do with it! lol! I've had small touches of red throughout my farmhouse for a couple years, but just recently have begun to turn to pale blue/gray. It's softer. Calmer. More serene...and reminds me of the ocean and sky. :) Love the photo of the robin's eggs!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love blue :) Duck blue is one of my favourites... any shade of blue really ;)

    ... Thank you for sharing!

    Greetings from Australia♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Judy!
    You are so right about Aqua being a peaceful calming color. I looked at your Pinterest page (linky worked for me) and you shared some wonderful photos!

    I have a few aqua old mason jars in the garage. I thought they were too "old country" but I see them everywhere now. I better get them out and dust them off :0)

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello, I felt myself relax as I was viewing your beautiful post. Blue is so soothing. I love your choices! Thank you for sharing this lovely post with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all your blue posts this week. It's only lately that I have developed a terrific fondness for blue and you inspiration makes it even more desirable! Thank you for sharing these lovely posts at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete