Living Room Design - Part 6 - the completed room

My daughter's living room has once again been through a few changes and added a few new pieces. You may have seen some of my posts of this Living Room Design Project by Mary Carroll of Nell Hill's in Kansas City. In my last post, the ottoman had arrived and the room had to be rearranged for Christmas and her large tree.

Now the living room is back in order and some items have a new spot. Here's a look at the room for this post.



This side of the room has one of the changes I will show you in a minute. You may have already noticed if you remember the room decor before.

You guessed it, it is the white lacy jar. It has been moved close to the white couch now.

Here's the jar on the sideboard (not working). My daughter took pictures of the jar on her sideboard back to Nell Hill's and asked for their opinion. 

She purchased the jar from Nell Hill's and loved it and thought it would work on the sideboard but just kept looking at it and feeling it wasn't in the right place. 

I agree, the jar looks so much better close to the couch. It's not fighting with the colors of the large painting on the wall.


The lamp on the sideboard has also been changed. The rustic one (seen above) wasn't working and now has been moved to the family room in the basement. She hasn't found the perfect lamp so moved one of her Pottery Barn lamps until the perfect lamp can be found.


New decor has been added to the tray on the ottoman. A rabbit and a bird's nest are bringing a little spring to the room.


Here's a final shot of the room for this post.


Thanks for stopping by for an update on her living room - Judy.

Here is a link to my other posts on this Living Room Design.
Check out Nell Hill's here and Mary Carroll's blog.


I am joining the following parties:

Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Newbie Party at Debbie Doo's Blogging and Blabbing
The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Smiling Sally for Blue Monday
Cozy Home Scenes for Your Cozy Home Scene Party on Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
Danette at The Shady Porch for Rock and Share Wednesday
Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday
The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
French Cupboard
A Delightful Life for A Return to Loveliness on Thursday
House of Hepworths for Hookin Up With House of Hepworths Thursday
A Delightful Life for A Return to Loveliness on Thursday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursday
Kristen’s Creations for Share Your Creations on Thursday
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Stuff and Nonsense for Friday's Unfold
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Rachelle at Fingerprints on the Fridge for Feature Yourself Friday
Beverly How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party

19 comments:

  1. I love Nell Hills! I need to go out there and see what she has for Spring. Although it just gets me in trouble! The room is looking good!
    XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter's living room is beautiful. I love the lacy jar...funny, I just posted my daughter's house too and we saw that jar at a store here and my daughter almost bought it!, lol...Thank you for sharing and have a nice week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful living room! I'm your newest follower.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Such a lovely room and I love all of her accessories. Beautiful. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful room, it really is lovely.

    Have a good week

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:47 AM

    Gorgeous room. Absolutely incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful decorating. That lacy white piece is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why is there a line through my name? : (

    I love your daughter's room with that blue vase.


    Happy Blue Monday, Judy. Be sure to check out my book giveaway.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I saw that too and removed it, just a typo error on my part. All is fixed now. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Impeccable taste and Photo's to boot!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Judy, Thanks for sharing your daughter's beautiful room at the Open House party. It is a warm and gorgeous living room. Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally beautiful. Found you on WW! Gorgeous room!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by from Savvy Southern Style. Your daughters living room is so beautiful. I also like the lace jar on the floor, looks perfect there. A very warm and inviting room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your daughter is so lucky to get to shop at Nell Hill. I've discovered her books as I've been blogging and love them. Your daughter's room is beautiful. I love the ottoman, the colors used, and that pretty lacy jar. I know you said she was looking for the perfect lamp, but that room looks pretty perfect to me! Thanks for linking up to the Your Cozy Home party this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your daughter's living room....it is just gorgeous! The fabric on her ottoman is so pretty too :o)
    ~Des

    PS. I am now following you on Google....hope you
    will follow me back :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:18 AM

    Inspirational. I so need to start making those white slipcovers. The ottoman and pillow are perfect, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful room. Thanks for sharing the images.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love everything about this room! I had to 'Pin' the first picture - love the shape of the ottoman - off to 'Pin' the beautiful Ginger Jar!
    Thank you for sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Modern Radiator Covers

    New furnishings has been included to the plate on the ottoman. A bunny and a parrot's nesting are providing a little may to the area.

    ReplyDelete