Think Spring

I must have to admit, I have been trying really hard to "Think Spring" the last few weeks. I want to see Spring all around me.  Things like flowers blooming,  Spring colors, and buds bursting open. Just bring it on Spring.


Ok, calm down Judy. 

We are officially into Spring so those Spring flowers will soon be blooming here in the Kansas City area and I will be able to go for a walk and see daffodils, tulips, and lots of colors like purple and green. But for today, looks like I am just "thinking spring" with purple and green in my tablescape.



I bought these plates over a year ago at Home Goods but have been waiting for the perfect time to bring them out.


When I first bought the plates, I thought the flower was blue but when I put them next to something blue I discovered they were really a shade of purple.


I've been looking for a new centerpiece for my table; something with candles or votives with spaces for flowers to be tucked but not too tall so it would allow for conversation across the table. I wanted something I could just change out the flowers and use it again in another tablescape. Tuesday Morning seem to have just what I had in mind and the price was right - $19.99!

Plus it came with an extra set of red votives. What more could I want?

I don't have the flower arranging just perfect yet; I used the purple hydrangeas I had but feel they are a little big so next time I'll look for a smaller size of flowers and more of them. 


I think this centerpiece will work with many different tablescapes, just change the flowers and light the votives and a new look will be born. What do you think? Can you see it?


The green flatware is a recent find at Home Goods and is a perfect accent for the green stem of the flower on the plate and the green goblets. Don't you love to put colors together that accent each other and make them pop?




The green etched stemware has really been doing overtime for my tables lately. 

It made it's first appearance on my "Hoppy Easter" table here 

and appeared again on my "Easter Naturals" table here.


It makes me feel good to know I can use goblets, flatware and napkins again in my tablesscapes. Helps my spending budget too!!

Oops, I almost forgot to show you my breadrack.

You will remember I bought the plates about a year ago then recently was in Home Goods in the sale area and there was the matching platter to the plates. It was marked down to less than $5, what a bargain!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you are thinking Spring - Judy.

Linking to:
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage 
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Meet Me Monday at You're Talking Too Much 
Mosaic Monday
Make-It-Pretty Monday's at The Dedicated House


Table Top Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Transformed Tuesdays at PJH Designs

Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style 

Let's Dish  at Cuisine Kathleen on Wednesday
Centerpiece Wednesday at the Style Sisters

DIY by Design for Swing Into Spring
Ivy and Elephants for What Is It Wednesday

Tablescape Thursday  at Between Naps on the Porch
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage



Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on Thursday

Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Jennifer Rizzo for Fabulously Creative Friday
Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper
Sunny Simple Sunday at Sunny Simple Life







27 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:45 PM

    The plates are wonderful! Your table is beautiful.

    J has been working in the yard and I am thinking up things to do in the gardens. The neighbors were out working in their yards today even though it is a tad chilly. The sunshine is making it seem warmer than it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! and you are right I can see it. I'd add a tiny touch of green to your gorgeous hydrangeas to bring the color scheme together. But in my opinion...it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, those plates are stunning and they really make a statement. I LOVE the new hurricane centerpiece from Tuesday Morning. Yes, I can see it used for so much and look forward to see how you change it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've hit the mark with that versatile centerpiece! So many options just by changing out votives/florals or displaying other items on it. Very pretty t'scape with the colours and tableware!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty -- I love that particular periwinkle shade. Not quite blue, not quite purple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful - hydrangeas are favorites of mine and the plates are the perfect complement...beautiful table setting

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been driving around admiring the spring flowers here all week, and I keep zooming in on the wisteria and thinking about what a beautiful table it would be to use the purple and green. Then, lo and behold, you do this one. I think it's perfectly lovely, and I really love those plates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your table...purple and green are such a great combo...the hydrangeas are perfect with the candles, not too large in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I KNEW Ellen (Scribbler) would love this as much as she loves purple!!! I love it, too! And I don't think the hydrangea are too big at all! Just add in a few sprigs of 2 other smaller blooms (maybe roses and viburnum?), and voila!

    I saw those dishes at HG last year and absolutely flipped over them. They had just the salad plates (or was it bowls?) on the clearance aisle at the one in Blue Springs a couple of weeks ago when I was poking around out there. I love your mix of purple hues along with that fabulous green. I always think that the mark of a truly creative person is someone who can take the same thing and make it look new all over again, so don't fret about using the goblets, napkins and flatware often. I do the same thing, and it's called s-m-a-r-t to use what you have and get your money's worth out of it!!! We are broke as broke can be broke around here, so I don't really have a choice! :-)

    Enjoy the rest of the week! Let's hope we have some truly Spring weather to bask in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely GORGEOUS tablescape, Judy!

    You have done it again, my friend.

    I have some really old fancy gilded charger plates in that weird purple/blue/lilac colour - so I think I know exactly what you mean.

    I just love any shade of purple, and you certainly made it feel/look SPRING-ish!

    Just beautiful!!

    And I can't get enough of those awesome etched green gobs either, love 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:04 PM

    hi Judy, I am in love with those plates, so pretty and the bluish purple is spot on with the green goblets. I know you will have lots of fun with that new centerpiece too!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful plates and your centerpiece looks so nice with the hydrangea...happy Spring!
    Blessings,
    Cindy
    (visiting from Blog Hop!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Goodness! Such Beauty! I luv your centerpiece and dinnerware too!

    I'm visiting via Thursday’s Favorite Things and am your newest Follower :)

    ~ Jill

    http://www.frugalplus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy~ Your candle centerpiece is beautiful and oh so versatile! I love how you softened and added color by tucking your hydrangeas around the glass! Love your HG plates too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love purple and green paired together, so I LOVE this tablescape! Happy Thursday from the enchanted oven.
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous6:49 AM

    Those plates are stunning...beautiful table, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the purple/green match up!! The plates.....OMG that are just so gorgeous!! I have never seen any like that at all.
    Suzyq

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love the drama those flowered plates bring to your table! The touches of green are so unexpected too, and work beautifully. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am swooning, Judy, over this table. I'm crazy about the purples and love how you added the green in as a perfect complement. Flowers entertwined among the candles makes both seem so important. You've created spring in your own special way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so hoping Spring will arrive!
    What a gorgeous table, the colors are perfect. Love the plates, I think I would have had to bring them home too! The stems are exquisite!
    Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish, I see lots of the dishers have been here to visit already!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Judy, you new plates and centerpiece are wonderful finds. Love the lavender blue look of that flower on the plate. Pairs beautifully with the green. I'd use those stems as often as I could. They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh how pretty! I love your color combination. Those stems are lovely......you MUST use them over and over! I try to find new ways to put my pieces together too. Thanks for sharing your lovely tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  23. you have captured spring in this lovely setting. Thank you for sharing at the hop, your participation males the hop extra special. Big Hugs P.S. the new giveaway will be posted tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Judy - what a find! That centerpiece will be so versatile! You did a beautiful job of decorating with it. Of course, I adore green and purple together and those glasses and plates are gorgeous. Spring is coming, although, it is a bit chilly in Georgia this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Judy, I am a new follower and just love your blog. Love all the beautiful colors in your tablescape. Visiting from Common Ground. Spring is here already in Texas.

    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Judy, just catching up with some of my favorite blogs! I love your purple and green combination. I am crushing on those green goblets, I don't care how many times you use them!! They are beautiful!! Pretty table!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I know Spring will come your way very soon - we've had amazing days this week - the sun will shine warm and the flowers will burst into bloom. Your new centerpiece is marvelous - looks great with the flowers and I love the watercolor look to your new plates - I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete