Aqua, Ducks and Rabbits On The Mantel

Since many of you know how much I like the color aqua (shades of light blue), I decided to place two pieces from my Blue on Blue series on my mantel and fill in the rest with Easter decor.


My rabbit and chick plate are both Fitz and Floyd pieces. I used my large blue bowl behind the pieces hoping they would show up a little better. Using light colored pieces on my mantel can be tricky since the wall behind the mantel is painted a light color.


I love the detail in both of these pieces and the light colors. I see pinks, purples, blues, greens and light browns. The pansies and flowers are finished with a pearlized glaze for a unique effect. 


I made the little white rabbits on the right years ago when I took a ceramics class with my Mom. One of the ears of the smallest rabbit has been broken and glued. I was happy to find the candled used below at Bed Bath and Beyond.


I purchased the rabbit on wheels below at Nell Hill's in Kansas City the first year the store opened and he really does roll!


I wanted to give you a close up shot of the chick plate so you could take in all its detail.



The wreath does have many colors of Spring flowers and is light and airy. I bought it a few years ago at the Yankee Peddler's shop in Osage Beach, MO.



Thanks for stopping by to see my Aqua and Rabbits on the Mantel - Judy. Please become a follower if you are not one, I will follow you back.

Linking to These Mantle Spring Parties:
Fox Hollow Cottage for her Mantle Party on Tuesday, March 13
Barb at Gritsand Glamour for her Mantlescape Party on Tuesday, March 20
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday’s Treasures
Angie for Knick of Time Tuesday
Cozy Home Scenes for Cozy Home Party
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays 

The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Amy at Home Happy Home for Whimsy Wednesday
Mrs. Hines Class for Show and Tell Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
Danette at The Shady Porch for Rock and Share Wednesday
Michele at at Michele Raven Designs for Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
A Delightsome Life
Spring Fling Party at the Lettered Cottage

Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday


21 comments:

  1. Your mantel is beautiful, Judy. You have so many pretty & interesting pieces. I love the bunny on wheels and the duck plate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up your gorgeous mantel. I love every little thing about it. The color is a fav of mine too... so I love it all extra ;) So Springy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:52 PM

    Oh, my! I adore your mantel and all of your pretty colors. Those little rabbits and your chick plate are just precious. Your use of the aqua is perfect. What a charming job you've done.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Judy, I love your mantel! The pretty wreath and bunnies make it just perfect to welcome in spring! You're great at this decorating thing!!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty colors on your mantel! Those rabbits and chicks say SPRING! Your wreath is wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is beautiful. I am such a lover of all things blue. I saw the flowered vase in the Pier 1 flyer and hope that I can get one soon.
    Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and charming display!! I love that sweet plate and matching Bunny along with everything else...

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your bunnies are so cute -- love the Fitz and Floyd one. Your mantel is beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable scene you have created on your mantle with the bunnies and the pretty plate. The pastel colors are so perfect together. Thank you for joining Your Cozy Home Party. I appreciate your participation each week.-------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful mantel Judy!!

    Don't ya just love Nell Hill's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your vignette is very pretty and you look to be ready for Easter. Have a great week.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely mantle display. Great shapes and rhythm. I love the wreath. Did you make it? I see one like it in my future..... I'm a new follower-would love for you to follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy, your mantel is so pretty! You know I love everything from Fitz and Floyd! All of your sweet little bunnies are perfect! You have done a wonderful job of bringing Spring to your mantel! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The mantle is truly a work of art! I love the gorgeous Fitz and Floyd pieces, and the bunny on wheels is the best. Spring has certainly sprung! Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Big hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your pretty mantle. It's just lovely.

    blessings,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  16. How pretty your mantle is. I love the colors and your bunnies are so cute. I'm now following you as I love your style..Enjoy the day.
    ~Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous mantle. Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your Easter Mantle...so pretty!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Your Easter mantle is gorgeous - I love all your aqua pieces! The rabbit with the wheels is my favorite! Thank you for sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful mantle! Thanks for linking up last week at Whimsy Wednesday, hope you'll come back tonight for another party!
    Amy@homehappyhome

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Sunday Judy! I know I commented on your pretty mantel a few weeks ago, but I just wanted to stop by again to let you know I featured it on Friday. Thanks again for stopping by to share your wonderful home with us at my party.

    ReplyDelete