A Visit from the American Goldfinch

It's wonderful to see the American Goldfinch in their beautiful brilliant yellow color at the feeders. 



During the winter months this perky 5 inch male bird isn't bright yellow but it much paler with a dull olive yellow color. 




He does visit my feeders all winter so it is exciting to watch him return to his spring and summer colors. 




I'm thanking for all the birds at my feeders. Thanks for stopping by - Judy


Linking to 

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity


Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturdays
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Photo Gallery
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet


19 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    The Goldfinches are beginning to be really bright here too
    Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here's the yellow! :-) Lovely shots of one of my favorite birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Goldfinch are among my favorites, I love to see them in flight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Yellow is one of my favorite colors -- such a happy color ... maybe that's why the Goldfinch is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often find myself just staring at the birds outside my window - such fun visitors to have around! Gorgeous photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been enjoying these finches as well. Always nice to see those bright yellow, spring colors. Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderfully bright colors! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The goldfinches have left our part of the country....nice to see that they are visiting other places! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, love these pretty colored Goldfinches. The males are so bright and beautiful. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow exquisite close ups have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...and, truly, it IS gorgeous! Thanks for joining & sharing this post with us at I'd Rather B Birdin. bbq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that bbq is not supposed to be there. Dunno why...my phone keyboard glitch.

      Delete
  12. You sure got some nice shots of the goldfinches. A favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love goldfinches, too. Such a bright cheerful spot after a dull, dreary winter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goldfinches are beautiful in their bright yellow feathers. You got some great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I do love these sweet little birds and their beautiful song that I am now hearing...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful shots of your goldfinch :)

    ReplyDelete