At the Feeders and in the Trees - Week 9

The snow in our area didn't last long. A Dark-eyed Junco looked stunning with the snow in the background. Love his pink bill. 



Finch in the Snow . . .



The White-throated Sparrow was in the trees and at the feeders during the snow. It is the first one I have photographed here in Kentucky. They only visit in the winter in our area.




The snow melted pretty quickly.  This cute little male Downy posed for several cute shots. 



A day after the snow was gone, I saw a  bird fly to a branch in the tall hickory trees in our front yard and was pretty sure it was a Northern Mockingbird but needed to zoom in on my pics for a better look. His dark eyeline seems pretty noticeable in the pic below. 




The male Goldfinches are gaining more of their bright yellow color as spring approaches.




There you have it for this week's At the Feeders and in the Trees - Week 9.  Thanks for stopping by - Judy.


Joining these great parties:


Met Monday

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery

Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods


Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon



11 comments:

  1. I have many of the same birds at my feeders here in central KY. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful birds -- the downy is so cute -- with any luck I'll see a few of them here in our resort soon. I think they must be here already, but hide out until it gets a little quieter (so many snowbirds go home in in March and early April. After that happens I see more birds in the trees right within the park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, wonderful collection of feeder birds. The woodie is one of my favorites along with the sweet goldies. Happy Spring, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Awesome series of photos of our 'feathered friends' ~ beautiful! ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a fun weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos!
    I have noticed the Goldfinches here are getting more yellow feathers every day. Many of them are leaving for their northern breeding grounds, but we usually have a few pair who stay with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Judy, Beautiful birds! I am stopping back to say thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvelous images Judy! Such a beautiful, striking, contrast against the snow backdrop. I think my favorite is the finch and the woodpecker.

    Thanks so much for adding your link, sharing with all of us other birders around the world!!

    Have a great week ahead--
    Anni @ I'd Rather B Birdin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Judy!:) Lovely images of all your garden visitors. You do get a great variety of birds at your feeders. Love your Goldfinch, and Woodpecker shots.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a terrific bird photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous spring with all the wonderful colors. The snow images are special although I can do without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Le petit pic est très mignon ;-)
    Céline & Philippe

    ReplyDelete