At the Feeders and in the Trees - Week 7

I'm still filling my feeders daily for my feathered friends. A Cedar Waxwing was high in the trees by my deck and I was able to snap an okay pic to share with you. This is the first one I have been in my trees since moving here a year ago. Notice the bright yellow tip on his tail. 




Lots of house finch, purple finches and goldfinches are at the feeders. Here's the female purple finch. Notice her white eyebrow.



Take a look at the female house finch and her lack of a white eyebrow. 



I had a robin visit this week.




Nuthatches too.




Take a look at the American Robin.



I see Northern Cardinals daily.  




Thanks for stopping by to see the birds in my feeders and trees - Judy.



Linking to:


Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery

Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods


Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon



17 comments:

  1. Hi there - nice set of birds. I dont get anywhere that range of species in my garden - even in winter. I suppose that it does not really get cold enough here.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! If that fat Robin is any indication, you are feeding them too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy, did you read Stewart's post about how inappropriate some bird names are? I think at least somebody got it right on the waxwing. Those yellow tips you show looks like they just came out of a dip of hot wax. You have a good collection of birds there. It's a joy to watch them, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful variety of visitors! The would certainly brighten up a winter's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of nice ones :) Our Robin is a lot different from yours. But both are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Judy...I have not seen any waxwings here ever...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, what a nice variety of feeder birds. I love the Waxwing, they are beautiful birds. I miss my nuthatches! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day and the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:08 PM

    Hi Judy, Such wonderful close-ups of this fluffy chubby birds! I don't think I've ever seen a cardinal here in Western Washington. Hope your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful set of birds, especially the Waxwing, fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous collages!!
    The lighting is perfect. You always give us a presentation of your expertise in photography! .... continually most enjoyable visits I have here.

    Thanks so much for joining in with us bird enthusiasts this weekend and sharing your link at I'd Rather B Birdin'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish we had such a variety of birds in our garden. It seems to be mainly Goldfinches and Blackbirds at the moment. I really like your House Finch Judy/. It's av ery striking bird - male or female.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your wonderful variety of birds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ps...Judy...thaks for visiting me at hootin anni's! Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful captures of our feathered friends. those sticks and branches are such a pain but soon those trees will be full of leaves - a bigger pain. i have been enjoying the bare trees for getting great pictures!!!

    i don't get waxwings here, it was a treat to see one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judy, that is a wonderful variety of birds -- your bird cafe' must get great reviews (or dare I say 'tweets').

    Lovely pictures too. Thanks for sharing. (I miss robins -- we don't seem to have them here in this part of Florida at all).

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've had a lot of beautiful visitors at your feeder this week. Must be serving the best seeds in town! Love that Robin's breast...what beautiful color! Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete