Biltmore Estate - The Banquet Room

In late June, I visited the Biltmore House in Asheville, North Carolina. Today, I am sharing my visit to the Banquet Hall. This room is the largest room in the house and is 42 feet wide and 72 feet long. The table sits in front of a triple fireplace. (Biltmore.com) Take a look:



I am sure you noticed the two huge chandeliers over the banquet table.
 Aren't they just stunning!




The table is just grand! Can you imagine the parties, celebrations and family meals in this room?




The 16th century tapestries in the room are beautiful. The china is stored in the Butler's Pantry in glass cupboards. 





The flowers are all fresh and grown on the Biltmore Estate grounds and in the conservatory. 




The organ loft overlooking the Banquet Hall. 





The chateauesque-styled mansion was built by George Washington Vanderbilt II between 1889 and 1895 and is the largest privately owned house in the United States.  (Wikipedia)




Since the month of June is regarded as the most popular month for weddings, the estate hosted "Fashionable Romance: Wedding Gowns in Film." 

Below is the wedding attire displayed in the Banquet Room. 


From the motion picture "The Duchess."




Costumes were displayed throughout the house. I'll show you more in another post.

Other posts I have shared on the Biltmore Estate:

  

Thanks for stopping by - Judy. 

Linking to these wonderful parties.

Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch


All About Home @ Follow the Yellow Brick Home and Common Ground on Monday at 6 pm

Through My Lens on Monday


Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

Tuesdays With A Twist @ God's Growing Garden 

Tuesday Turn About @ My Wee Abode, Thistle Key Lane, Blue Sky at Home on Tuesday at 6 pm

Wonderful Wednesday @ Ducks in a Row on Tuesday evening

My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday

Karins Kottage Link Party @ Karins Kottage

Share Your Style @ French Ethereal on Wednesday at 6 pm

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Funtastic Link Party @ Two Chicks and A Mom on Thursday 9pm

Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Thursday Favorite Things @ Katherine's Corner

FLORAL FRIDAY FOTOS on Thursday

Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home on Thursday 

Fabulous Link Party @ Peacock Ridge Farm, Living Large in a Small House, South House Designs, & Vintage Home Designs on Friday

Friendship Friday Blog Hop @ Create With Joy

Floral Bliss on Friday

A Morning Cup of Joe @ The Cottage Market on Friday

Farm House Friday @ County Road 407

Friday With Friends @ My Hubbard Home

Saturday Sparks @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Garden Affair @ Jaipur Garden 

Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf on Sunday

Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda on Sunday at 2pm

Sundays on Silverado @ The House on Silverado

Inspire Me Monday @ Create With Joy on Sunday

Busy Monday @ A Pinch of Joy on Sundays at 5pm








9 comments:

  1. Wow it's amazing! I have this place on my bucket list to visit! What a gorgeous dining hall! Can you even imagine sitting at that dining table with that many people in such a grand room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I see photos like these, it always makes me want to visit this place. It looks amazing and I love the costumes. Thank you so much for sharing them. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Biltmore Estate. I haven't been there in years but I do remember it is so so lovely. Thanks for jogging my memory about how gorgeous it is.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been here so thanks for the tour. This place is amazing as your photos show. Yes, I can imagine just how grand those parties were in the dining room. I would love to see the china in the butler's pantry, It has to be as grand as the room. How nice you were there while the wedding dress exhibit was held. Those gowns must have been something to see..........
    '

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! My niece loves visiting there! It looks spectacular! Could you imagine serving that many people?

    Thanks for sharing and linking up at DI & DI :) Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spetacular! Thanks for sharing. I think you and I should get together and set that magnificent dining room table for them to show what the room would look like decked out for a celebration - how fun that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved visiting the Biltmore. I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see that table and the chandeliers in person. Your photography is beautiful. Never been there, but would like to go. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for reminding me how lovely the Biltmore House is. It's quite a contrast to the way I live!

    ReplyDelete