Biltmore Breakfast Room

If you have never been to Asheville, North Carolina, it is worth your while to go and visit the Biltmore Estates. Today, I am sharing the Breakfast Room at Biltmore; it was one of my favorite rooms.



The lighting was not good, so my images aren't the best. You can still see the grandness of this room. The breakfast room was only for breakfast and not for dinner parties. 


I read there are three generations of china and crystal stored in Biltmore House, and much of it is more than 100 years old. The china is stored in glass cupboards in the two-story Butler's Pantry. 



The guide said they ate breakfast and some luncheons in this room. Can you imagine sitting down to this gorgeous table? What an honor that must have been! BTW the flowers are all fresh and grown on the estate.



I am sure you are noticing the white linens on the table. I'm not sure if the china on the table is the fine china from the Biltmore collections. It may stay in the butler's pantry since it is so fragile and old.



I couldn't get a shot of the entire room on my iPhone so I have borrowed an image from Romantic Asheville.com  to share with you.




I did get a pic of the ornate ceiling. There were so many people of the tour, it was difficult to take pics and the lighting made it worse. At least they did allow pictures to be taken. 


Now you have visited the gorgeous Breakfast Room at the Biltmore Estate. I'll share more of this trip soon. Thanks for stopping by - Judy.


Great parties I am linking to:


Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch


All About Home @ Follow the Yellow Brick Home and Common Ground on Monday at 6 pm

Through My Lens on Monday


Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

Tuesdays With A Twist @ God's Growing Garden 

Tuesday Turn About @ My Wee Abode, Thistle Key Lane, Blue Sky at Home on Tuesday at 6 pm

Wonderful Wednesday @ Ducks in a Row on Tuesday evening

My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday

Karins Kottage Link Party @ Karins Kottage

Share Your Style @ French Ethereal on Wednesday at 6 pm

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Funtastic Link Party @ Two Chicks and A Mom on Thursday 9pm

Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Thursday Favorite Things @ Katherine's Corner

FLORAL FRIDAY FOTOS on Thursday

Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home on Thursday 

Fabulous Link Party @ Peacock Ridge Farm, Living Large in a Small House, South House Designs, & Vintage Home Designs on Friday

Friendship Friday Blog Hop @ Create With Joy

Floral Bliss on Friday

A Morning Cup of Joe @ The Cottage Market on Friday

Farm House Friday @ County Road 407

Friday With Friends @ My Hubbard Home

Saturday Sparks @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Garden Affair @ Jaipur Garden 

Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf on Sunday

Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda on Sunday at 2pm

Sundays on Silverado @ The House on Silverado

Inspire Me Monday @ Create With Joy on Sunday

Busy Monday @ A Pinch of Joy on Sundays at 5pm




8 comments:

  1. We love to visit the Biltmore and tour the house. There's SO much to see and it's hard to imagine it being a real home that people lived in, isn't it? I love being on the veranda looking out over the land. Beautiful views! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Biltmore is one of those places that reminds me how different life can be. It is always interesting to glimpse another era and imagine living in such style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post and your photo's. I loved touring the Biltmore and the gardens. We had to drive about 2,000 miles to get there (we were actually driving to Georgia to visit our son) It was in Spring and I would love to see it in all seasons. Your post brought back great memories for me. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've only been to the Biltmore once, and it was so amazing. WE've often discussed going back. I'd LOVE to see it dressed for Christmas - I bet that is stunning.

    Thanks for sharing - and reminding me- that we do need to plan on going back.

    Sorry I have been MIA. Miss blogdom. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wouldn't you love to get in the Butler's Pantry!! Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. The two times that I've toured the house, taking photos was not allowed. I wondered if the fact that you were with a guide made a difference? Also, do you know if would you have been allowed to take pics with a regular camera instead of your phone? I adore the Biltmore estate. I have extensive photos of the grounds and surrounding land. I would adore the ability to take photos inside the house. Yes, Christmas is entirely worth the second trip, and The Biltmore Inn is one of my all time favorite hotels. Thanks for taking us along for a peek. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Biltimore house looks lovely and yes I can imagine sitting at the table. Would lobe to see the real china... Sounds like there is a lot of it... Thanks for sharing with love Janice Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been there. Would love to! They just don't make them like that anymore. The architecture is amazing!

    Thanks for sharing and linking up at Dishing It & Digging It. We enjoy seeing your creativity each week! :)

    ReplyDelete