Barns, Blooms and Birds - Wk 7

I'm continuing my series on barns, blooms, & birds.


Today I'm featuring another local tobacco barn around the Murray, KY, area. Take a look:



The barns hosts another beautiful quilt pattern on the side.


Another small window on the top front of the tobacco barn can be seen as in other tobacco barns. The doors are closed so not sure what's inside this time of the year. 



Tobacco is growing in the fields around Murray and you can see it has a flowering bloom on the top. 




I didn't realize tobacco plants bloomed but thought it would be appropriate to show the flower for my blooms section of this post. I read, as the tobacco plant reaches maturity, it produces a long spike of flower buds at the top of the plant. These plants are growing in a field down the road from me.



Last weekend we visited The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes, we were happy to see the live wildlife in their Backyard area. The animals in this area could not survive in the wild because of either injury, being orphaned, or having lost their natural fear of humans. They are spectacular to see! 

I thought the barn owl would be a perfect one to feature in my barns, blooms and birds series. He looks pretty amazing.




Love his coloring! It looks like he only has one leg. This must be why he is at The Nature Station. Take a look, what do you think?



Yes, barn owls really do nest and roost in abandoned barns. They also nest and roost in cavities, other buildings, and dense trees. They roost during the day and hunt at night. 


I'm going to feature all the owls and a few other birds at The Nature Station in another post very soon. Thanks for stopping by for another day of Life in Kentucky - Judy.

Linking to:

Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Normandy Life on Sunday evening
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods on Monday
ABC Wednesday on Monday

Our World @ Our World Tuesday Meme
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ StoneGable Blog
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday @ Kathe With an E
Wednesday Around the World @ Photographing New Zealand
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern on Tuesday evening

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme on Wednesday evening
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm on Thursday evening

Photo Friday @ Pierced Wonderings
Skywatch Friday @ Skyley


Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon


Seasons @ St. Germain's Blog on Sunday
Tom's Barn Collective @ The Backroad Traveler on Sunday
Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home 
Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays









26 comments:

  1. Hello, I love the quilt barn and the barn owl. The blooms are pretty. Lovely images and mosaics. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative post, Judy. Love the okd barn too....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old and new barns .. especially ones that have quilt patterns painted on them! The owl is one of my favorite birds. Thanks for sharing your barn owl. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt barns. They are such a rare sight to see! And the barn owl is adorable. Oh how I would love to see one! Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your barn posts, Judy! It is rare to see the quilt barns. They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how I love your barn series. I love this one with the amazing quilt pattern paint on, so pretty. I've never seen a tobacco plant blooming. I never really thought about it but the flowers are lovely. I love the little barn owl. Like you I think the little guy has a missing leg. The Nature Station is a great service!
    Thanks for this interesting post Judy...........

    ReplyDelete
  7. So enjoyed seeing a slice of your life in Kentucky today, Judy, the barn owl is just so beautiful. It's so good to know that there is a place where wild animals and birds are looked after in this way, what lovely mosaics you've created with your photos of him to share with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love the barn and the owl such a good informative post. I think that this post would go good with our blog hop we have every week starting on wednesday at https://www.floydfamilyhomestead.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. First I've ever seen a tobacco bloom---pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!:) Interesting to learn that Tobacco plants have flowers, they must look very pretty in the fields. Love your pictures of the Barn Owl, a particular favourite of mine. So glad it's being cared for, and will look forward to seeing more.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful Barn Owl.
    Have a lovely Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting to see the tobacco flowers. Love barn and owl photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never seen Tobacco blooms before

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have seen a tobacco farm in Kentucky but not so kept up and with the quilt painting. How simple but awesome. Barn owls you posted are adorable.
    JM, IL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love to see the Barn Owl. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is a local group who are raising and releasing barn owls here in NY because they were poisoned out of existence here... Great photos..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Judy,
    With your gorgeous photography, dear friend, I'm thoroughly enjoying your barn series!
    Love seeing how the barns are painted and the quilt blocks!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  18. I grew up in Tn and I miss the old barns in the country. Magnificent owl, his markings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic owl photos and love the tobacco barns, keep 'em coming. Amazing pattern down the owl's back, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous7:06 AM

    Gorgeous photos and I am in love with that owl! Just the cutest! #photofriday

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, the barn owl is a beautiful bird. Great collection of photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn`t know a tobacco plant bloomed.The owl is so pretty,so glad that there is a safe place for him to live,the barns are lovely as well,thanks for sharing,have a great weekend,phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, yes!!! I do so love barn owls!!
    And your barn images are super also....is that pattern 'Amish'? Just curious....

    Enjoyed reading about the tobacco plant, and learning right along with you about the blossoms.

    Thanks for sharing this bird outing with us today at I'd Rather B Birdin' ... always a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The next time I drive up to Lancaster I will look for tobacco blooms, there are many tobacco farms there. The barn owl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely barns . . . beautiful blooms . . . sweet birds!

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  26. We used to have a barn owl on the farm in KY. They are beautiful! Keeps the mice down too! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete