Barns, Blooms & Birds - Week 6

The barn I have to share this week is an unusual barn but yet beautiful. Can you tell what is unusual about this barn?

Here is what's unusual about this barn, you can drive through it to get to the house behind. Wouldn't that be neat to drive through a barn to get to your house.


Love the quilt block on the barn. 



This barn is one of my favorites around the Murray, KY, area. It has such a beautiful setting surrounding the barn with the white fences, and corn in the fields.


The back of the barn is also noteworthy.  I love the cannas in bloom along the sides of the barn. Did you know cannas are a lilly type of tropical American plant. Gosh, I haven't had cannas in years, I think I need to add them to my yard next year. 



The blooms in my yard aren't as plentiful this week but happy I have some petunias in a pot to share. 


My daylilies are about done for the season, I only had two blooms today. I have really enjoyed them and hate to see their blooms end.


The elephant ears in my yard have certainly done well this year. My friend, JoAnn, from Jo On Legacy Lane, shared bulbs with me in the spring. 


She gave me so many that I planted the extras in a pot on my back deck and look how they have grown. I should have plenty of bulbs for next spring. 


I'm so happy that I have been seeing a few goldfinches at my feeders again. The house finches visit each day and their young are at the feeders too.


I was lucky enough to capture a few more good pics of the Northern Cardinals at the feeders. 



That's it for this week, thanks for stopping in for another day of Life in Kentucky - Judy. 

Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Normandy Life
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods on Monday

Our World @ Our World Tuesday Meme
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ StoneGable Blog
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday @ Kathe With an E
Wednesday Around the World @ Photographing New Zealand

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm on Thursday evening

Photo Friday @ Pierced Wonderings
Skywatch Friday @ Skyley


Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon

Tom's Barn Collective @ The Backroad Traveler on Sunday
Seasons @ St. Germain's Blog on Sunday



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful barn. Love the barn quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. \that certainly is an unusal barn adn very lovely as are all the birds that come to your feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an unusual barn!
    I enjoyed seeing your flowers and birds!
    Love the Elephant Ears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the cyber tour of that unusual barn. I love all the flowers.
    JM, IL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving that barn! Your other photos are really colorful and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that barn for SOOO many reasons! It's just incredible. I also enjoyed your flowers and birds. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the barn and the birds... I am sorry you had roof damage .. I hope all will be covered by insurance .. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time I see a drive thru barn! I recently observed the quilt symbols in may buildings in rural, northern San Diego County.

    ReplyDelete