Planning A Fall Tablescape - It's All About the Centerpiece & Dishes

It seems like I am seeing bits of Fall appearing across blogland. So far, I am only making plans in my head for a Fall tablescape. For a little inspiration, I decided to review some of my Fall tablescapes from my archives. I think it is usually the centerpiece that I think of first then the dishes. Let's see!





One of my favorite Fall tablescapes was White Dishes and Orange Accents. This tablescape was designed for a challenge at Cuisine Kathleen. The challenge only allowed for one other accent color to be used on the table. I selected white dishes with orange accents. I started with a hurricane centerpiece then added lots of orange berries, and an orange pumpkin.


 





Then there was Dining With a Hoot Owl for a tablescape on the back deck. This one was fun too and I had the cutest hoot owl to work with. 



I love to start with the centerpiece when creating a tablescape. For this one I used lots of gourds and leaves plus my friendly owl.



The woven chargers were used under fall plates with little pumpkins and leaves to top it off. I just love the mix of fall colors for this tablescape.







Burgundy Mums for A Fall Table was a tablescape for my kitchen table. I always enjoy creating something for that table. 



It's a round table and that make it easy to plan a tablescape. I'm always looking for round tablecloths. I usually find something great at TJ Maxx or Home Goods. Then I don't have too much $$$ involved. I used the hurricane centerpiece again and this time stuffed it with mums.






One of my very first tablescapes for Fall was in 2012 where I used a creamy colored pumpkin soup tureen as a centerpiece. It was surrounded with fall picks of pumpkins, gourds, and leaves.



Small candles were placed around the centerpiece.
I didn't use a tablecloth instead yellow placemats with a stack of dishes using fall colors. 





I don't have a dinner party for eight planned for the Fall but who knows what can happen. Here's a little inspiration. It's always nice to see the dining room table set for a Fall dinner. 

The centerpiece featured a mercury glass pumpkin sitting on a mirrored frame. More gourds, pumpkins, and a couple of pheasant feathers were added.  Burlap ran down the table with several candle sticks. Burlap has been so popular that I may use it again this season.


How about you, do you think about your centerpiece first or the dishes?

Ok, now I must get my thoughts in order and maybe buy a new tablecloth for Fall or plan a great centerpiece. Then I can get busy with a tablescape. Thanks for stopping in - Judy.

Linking to:
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Favorite Things Thursday @ Katherine's Corner
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life



15 comments:

  1. For whatever reason, fall is my favorite time to play with dishes. I love all of these, but my favorite one of all is the first one. I missed that challenge last fall because I wasn't blogging. I hope she does it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love all your fall tables!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, it is so fun to see all of your Fall tables in one place! I remember a lot of these! You always have such pretty tablescapes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiration! I really like the cream coloured pumpkin tureen one although they are all so interesting and beautiful, its hard to choose! Like you, I almost always start with a centerpiece idea for my t'scapes - that's where creativity can really happen! Looking forward to seeing what you do this year!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a real flare for creating an attractive table. All your photos will provide inspiration for you when that season arrives this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen's challenge last fall was a great experience for me. I loved your orange and white table. To me it is always about the centerpiece. I take the word tablescape seriously. The centerpiece defines what the table is about, the plates, crystal, and flatware support the theme of the table. Well, that's the way I define tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHat a wonderful look back at all your creative and gorgeou tables...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Judy!!! You are so right...the centerpiece makes the tablescape! It's fun to have lots of pretty dishes and such, but that centerpiece....it controls everything, doesn't it? :-)

    It's such a smart idea to review your past tablescapes to get inspiration for the upcoming season!

    I could totally use the floral tablecloth with the blue and pink flowers!!! It's gorgeous!

    I'm off the blog circuit for a bit as I pour most of my time into preparing for a couple of upcoming fundraisers. I hope to see you back here soon. Have a terrific weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on waiting for Autumn - not when it's so hot and the corn stalks are still green!

    I love your idea of a review - inspiration without lugging up the boxes. : - )

    Judy, thanks for visiting- sorry I have been so absent. Life has been kicking my buttom lately and dragging me in every direction but the one/s I truly wish to be taken.

    Your tablescapes are always amazing and such inspiration for me, thank you for that and for your sweet self.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps

    you know I have had to rejoin your blog THREE times now, why do I keep losing your blog to automatically follow, I wonder? Anyway, sorry, I am your newest follower yet again. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. I hope you saw the new giveaway I posted yesterday. xo P.S. watch for your feature on Monday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I like to build around a centerpiece too but then sometimes the centerpiece comes from the dishes:) Loved all of your beautiful tables!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Burlap on this table is so perfect gives the right element of rusticness.and your mums are GORGEOUS I wish I had flowers to pick like that.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy,
    All these Fall tablescapes are gorgeous, dear friend!!!
    Love those with the vivid hued tablecloths. The floral one is stunning, too!!!
    Looking through the archived magazines today, a deep brown floral tablecloth caught my eye. Now, I'm on the hunt for a tablecloth or fabric!!!
    Keep those amazing tablescapes coming!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was fun - I love all your ideas. I never thought of doing a summary of table settings - might copy that idea sometime. All the tables are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete