The Bighorn Sheep of Yellowstone National Park

On this trip to Yellowstone, the Bighorn Sheep were the first animals we saw in the park. 


Because their population isn't as plentiful as the buffalo that I featured last week, it's such a thrill to see a few. 


The bighorn sheep population in 2012 was 379 so we consider ourselves lucky when we see them.  

The average life span of the male is 9-12 years and for the female 10-14 years. 



The adult male (ram) weigh 174-319 pounds, including horns that can weight 40 pounds. 


The female (ewe) can weigh up to 130 pounds. The rings on their horns are counted to determine their age. 



Thanks for stopping in for a glimpse at the Bighorn Sheep. Have you ever seen the Bighorn sheep? 

Linking to:

Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch


Wordless Wednesday @ Bethere2day

All About Home @ Follow the Yellow Brick Home and Common Ground on Monday at 6 pm

Through My Lens on Monday

Sharon's Souvenirs @ Sharon Wagner on Monday


Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

Tuesdays With A Twist @ God's Growing Garden 

Tuesday Turn About @ My Wee Abode, Thistle Key Lane, Blue Sky at Home on Tuesday at 6 pm

Wonderful Wednesday @ Ducks in a Row on Tuesday evening

My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday

Karins Kottage Link Party @ Karins Kottage

Share Your Style @ French Ethereal on Wednesday at 6 pm

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Funtastic Link Party @ Two Chicks and A Mom on Thursday 9pm

Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Thursday Favorite Things @ Katherine's Corner

FLORAL FRIDAY FOTOS on Thursday

Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home on Thursday 

Fabulous Link Party @ Peacock Ridge Farm, Living Large in a Small House, South House Designs, & Vintage Home Designs on Friday

Friendship Friday Blog Hop @ Create With Joy

Floral Bliss on Friday

A Morning Cup of Joe @ The Cottage Market on Friday

Farm House Friday @ County Road 407

Friday With Friends @ My Hubbard Home

Saturday Sparks @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Garden Affair @ Jaipur Garden 

Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf on Sunday

Sunday Sunshine Blog @ Ridge Haven Homestead on Sunday

Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda on Sunday at 2pm

Sundays on Silverado @ The House on Silverado

Inspire Me Monday @ Create With Joy on Sunday

Busy Monday @ A Pinch of Joy on Sundays at 5pm

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, Judy! Yellowstone is one of the few places that we haven't visited...yet. Looks like you've had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Yellowstone but my mother always told me she absolutely loved it.

    Your pics are awesome!

    Sorry I have been so MIA!

    Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! A couple of my friends just got from Yellowstone too. They loved it! Thanks for sharing Judy.
    Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw this thumbnail on my sideboard, I knew that I just had to come and see. I have never been to Yellowstone (never even close) and I have long wanted to. I have also never seen a big horn sheep. They are awesome, almost mythical looking!

    I loved this. Makes me want to go all the more.

    ReplyDelete