Bird Girl on the Mantel

My mantel in the living room needed some attention after the holidays and since I still wanted a little bling, one of my favorite wreaths was my choice.



 The wreath has beige, blue and orange ribbons and if you look closely, it also has a beige rose with gold glitter, pine cones dipped in gold glitter and some gold leaves. 




Because my walls are so light in color, I wanted some pieces that had more color and weight to them. My bird girl statue is very special to me; I got her a number of year's ago when my friend, JoAnn, from Jo's This and That, and I went to Savannah, Georgia, for an Art Educators' Institute. Jo was an art teacher and I was a computer technology teacher but  our principal said we could both go so Jo  took art classes and I took computer animation classes for the week. The original bird girl statue has been moved to a museum in Savannah. We visited the museum and got a first-hand look at her and both just had to buy replicas.




I really like the Corbels that support the mantel.


Thanks for stopping by to see my mantel - Judy.

Linked to:

Gloria at Potentially Beautiful for her Winter Mantel Party.
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Kristin at My Uncommon Piece of Suburbia for Tuesday Treasures
Nick of Time Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
Danette at The Shady Porch for Rock and Share Wednesday
Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Michele at Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
Bunny Jean for Bunny Hop Wednesday
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursday
Kristen at Kristin's Creations for Share Your Creations on Thursday
Liz at The Brambleberry Cottage for Time Travel Thursday
The Artsy Girl Connection for Inspirational Thursday
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Rachelle at Fingerprints on the Fridge for Feature Yourself Friday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party




13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love that wreath! ~Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, your wreath is just gorgeous. I love the colors. What a special piece your bird girl is. Savannah is a special place for me too. Thanks for linking up to my Winter Mantle party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious, Judy.
    A mantel decorated to honor the fireplace and your little - but full of meaning and appeal - things.
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I miss her! My Bird girl was broken in the move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, this is so pretty! I love that you incorporated something that has such special meaning to you. Now, you can appreciate it every single day! Everything is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath has the color of the year in it, that tango orange shade. The girl statue is lovely up there. Visiting from Marty's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:16 AM

    The statue is gorgeous and I love how she brings out those touches of blue in your wreath. The wreath has such stunning colors. Beautiful mantel!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely mantel arrangement. The statue is great, she would look wonderful in any setting. Following from Ivy and Elephant. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love the wreath...mantle looks lovely! Please stop by to enter my giveaway of a digital scrapbook program!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love a mantle redo! Freshens the whole room.

    Thank you so much for taking the time to join our Pin'Inspiration party this week. I'm hoping that you'll pop by tomorrow and share at my "Beat The Winter Blues" party. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! Thank you for sharing this fabulous post to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice! I love the bird girl statue. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wreath adds the perfect amount of color to the vignette, Judy. Savannah is such a beautiful place. I hope you got to play tourist a bit while you were there. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. Hope to see you again this week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete