At the Feeders and in the Trees - Week 31

I am happy to see the hummers are still here. This Ruby-Throated hummingbird must be the female since the bright red throat is absent. I love to hear their chatter when I'm sitting on the deck. They don't sing but you can recognize their chatting. 




We were at Kentucky Lake last weekend and I went to the restaurant where we have our boat,  and a lady was standing very still on the walkway and said "I'm watching the hummingbirds, we don't have them were I live." She said she lived in Florida. I am so thankful we have them in my area. I love watching them daily.




The Tufted Titmouse must watch to see when I am putting out black-oiled sunflower seeds because he comes by pretty quickly. He stays year-round here in Kentucky.





The Carolina Chickadee is always fun to watch and moves so quick. He grabs a seed and flies to a branch to crack it.




Thanks for stopping by - Judy.

Linking to:


Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home


Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage on Thursday evening

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet


Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Saturday Sparkles @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Create, Bake, Grow & Gather @ Shabby Art Boutique on Friday

Sundays at Home @ My Soulful Home on Saturday

Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home
Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays


Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch


Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson on Wednesday evening
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Share Your Style Link Party @ 21 Rosemary Lane on Wednesday evening

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life on Wednesday evening


7 comments:

  1. I live in the Tampa Bay area of west Florida and there are hummingbirds here. I just don't see them very often. I don't know if it's the heat and humidity or what, but they tend to show up just before sunrise (so I don't see them) and right before sunset. Your photos are fabulous! My attempts at capturing the hummingbirds is like trying to photography incredibly quick alien spacecraft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we have hummingbirds here too Judy. And, they are still here but probably be leaving on their long journey before long. I must confess, we sit out and love watching them but I've never heard chatter. Now I will have to make a point of listening. We have their feeder near where my husband grills. They come right up to him and just watch him (while he's sitting) and he loves that. I always enjoy your photos.........Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I live in Florida and my backyard is full of hummingbirds! I am really enjoying watching them right now. Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the titmouse has such a strong call in the spring for such a tiny bird. They are fast and hard to pose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hummingbirds seem to have depleted just in the past few days. We had a cold snap, which I enjoyed, but then not as many hummers at the feeders. Oh well.... Thanks for linking up today and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I love seeing the hummers, they are so sweet. I have a few still here, they have not left yet. The Titmouse and Chickadee are sweeties too. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend! PS, thank for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our hummers moved on several weeks ago, although I did see one in town last weekend. They are delightful, and they do 'zzzz' at each other, especially when fighting over territory! Thanks for your lovely photos of all the birds!

    ReplyDelete