A Seat At Our Easter Table

Happy Easter to each of you! Our table is ready with a seat for each family member.






I just couldn't resist using my Noritake Azalea china for Easter. Yes, it is my favorite china to use for Spring or Easter so here it is.



When I recently shared a tablescape from my archives that featured this china, it rekindled my fondness for it and inspired me to use it again for Easter 2018. 




I had hoped our azaleas in the gardens would be blooming but our weather just isn't cooperating. 


The table is set for six and I am sure our two grandsons (ages 7 and 10) will be really careful eating on these since they know how special this china is to grandma. 



The flatware for the table is Lenox Eternal Gold and the stemware is Marquis by Waterford Sparkle.





I'm going to share a couple pieces of my Noritake Azalea china that I haven't shown before. This sweet condiment tray is one piece you haven't seen. 





The tray wasn't part of the original dishes from my grandmother but I found it at an antique shop and just  couldn't resist. The tray holds salt and pepper shakers and a mustard pot with a tiny spoon. I took the spoon out in the pic below so you can see it.



The other pieces I haven't shown before are a footed mayonnaise bowl and another set of salt and pepper shakers.




I do have a couple other pieces that are special to me that I haven't shown. Maybe when my azaleas bloom, I'll create a vignette with them.




Hope you have a lovely Easter with your family and friends - Judy. 


Linking to:


Met Monday @ BNOTP

Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings – The Heart of Your Home
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ Stone Gable Blog
The Scoop @ Confessions of a Plate Addict

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson on Wednesday evening
Share Your Style Link Party @ 21 Rosemary Lane on Wednesday evening
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life on Wednesday evening
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home

Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage on Thursday evening
Sundays at Home @ My Soulful Home on Saturday
Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home
Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays



4 comments:

  1. Noritake “Azalea”...the perfect dishware for Easter!!! What a pretty, pretty setting! I hope you had a blessed and restful Easter. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful table - love the bunny pieces, too. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table setting is exquisite! Those dishes are perfect for spring and the bunnies adorable! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that my friend found you and called me right away. I have the same dishes and have been 70 years finally getting a set for 6 through a friend that was purging and all she wanted was the shipping cost, and of course I said yes.

    My Aunt Nell had these dishes, a service for 12 with all the side dishes. I lived with her for about 3 or 4 years during WWII while my mother worked. We lived in Cleveland and Auntie lived in Clifton Forge, VA. The good dishes came out on Sunday or special dinners. I just loved those dishes. When my auntie died my mother got them. When I was 21 my mother died in Cleveland and I was in So CA. So I went home to take care of the arrangements. When I was going through her things I only found 2 platters and 2 dinner plates. I was heart broken. Her room mate said that mother was moving and she didn't know where. So I brought those dishes back to CA with me and have stayed with me. Well life got in the way, raising a family, getting divorced and raising my son by myself and could never afford to purchase any of them. But now I have my own service and used them for Easter also. I hope to do a post after I have some medical problems treated about my Obsession with these dishes.

    I am now following you and love your Easter tablescape. Have a wonderful Spring week. I just came in from the garden and I hope we don't have extreme weather like we did last summer.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete