At the Feeders and in the Trees - Week 23



Wow is it cold outside! 


Our temps have been below 20 degrees for several days and will continue for all of this week. I am filling my feeders each day and hope you are able to keep your feeders full too. 



I don't know what it is about photographing cardinals, but it is always exciting to me to capture them in my trees or at the feeders. They are just so beautiful!



Don't forget about water too. 


For Thankful Thursday, I am so thankful that I am able to feed the birds in my yard. I am also thankful for the close relationship I had with my sister. She passed away unexpectedly this week. 


Thanks for stopping by - Judy.


Linking to:


Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Photo Gallery
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturdays
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon



21 comments:

  1. Hello, your Cardinals are gorgeous. Beautiful photos. It is cold out there, I feel sorry for the birds and critters. I wish you and yours all the best in 2018, happy New Year! Have a great day and new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Cardinal shots!! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cardinals! We live on a lake so a bird bath is no attraction (except to mosquitoes!), and the Muscovy Ducks spill out any seed we placed in a feeder. To make things wors, the hummer stopped visiting our sugar water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen a cardinal - nor do I expect to - but your photos are beautiful and make me think how great it would to be to see them and photograph them! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been keeping my feeders full. A Cardinal couple and a few other species are daily visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Cardinals!
    Lots of birds at my feeders. The most unusual one I have seen is a Brown Thrasher enjoying the suet.
    So very cold here, too. Saturday was the last day the temps were above freezing, but today's high (Wednesday) is predicted to be 37F
    Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cardinal shots! They are a bright spot in the midst of these horribly cold temps. It's supposed to reach 40° here today and I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy - as always, I adore your cardinal pictures - we don't have them in Montana and I really miss them! Here, we not only have cold temps but also deep snow; it is over my knees when I go out to the feeders! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cardinals do make everyone happy I think...particularly in the winter! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...red is an exciting color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very sorry to hear of your sister's death.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic birds in the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for linking up today! Have a great weekend and stay warm here in KY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fabulous color against the white snow!! Winter does have its moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judy, I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your sister! The cardinals certainly are gorgeous! We don't see them here. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely lovely pictures of this wonderful bird. Thank you for keeping your feeders filled for them in this terrible weather you guys are having (hope it's warmed up some by now). I'm pretty sure I've told you before about my Kentucky-born and bred mother and how she missed the cardinals which don't live in the Pacific Northwest, where she ended up! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love cardinals and I only have a few here.....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Judy, just hopping back to let you know that you will be featured at SYC tomorrow.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had stopped by before to say how beautiful the cardinals were,but I didn't read about your sister...Sorry,my deepest sympathy.Blessings to you,Maristella.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cardinals are just beautiful! They are one of my favorite birds to watch for. I’m so sorry about the passing of your sister. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete