Fall Table With Pheasants and Leaves

My husband just returned from a Fall pheasant hunt in South Dakota. He loves going on this hunt every year or two. My table today is to celebrate his return and give a nod to the pheasants of the hunt. 




The pheasants featured for the centerpiece are from The Huntington Collection by Fitz and Floyd. 






The stoneware dinner plates are Butler's Pantry Gourmet by Lenox and feature a delicate scalloped edge. They are topped with leaf plates from Harry and David's from several years ago. 









I love the fall colors with the dark cherry wood of my dining room furniture. 




The plant is a begonia that I brought in from my porch due to the lower night temperatures. 



I thought the wild game plates would also reflect his hunting trip. 





Fitz and Floyd is known for the detail in their pieces.





Additional pieces of The Huntington Collection are used on a smaller table seen in the upper left corner of the pic below. 




The canape plate plus the gravy boat and underplate are just as beautiful as the pleasant pieces. Such gorgeous fall colors!




Fall always seems so welcomed after a hot summer. The cooler days and nights give us a chance to  pull on a jacket and go for a pleasant walk without the heat. 






I've been acquiring pieces from the Huntington Collection since about 2010. My first post from the collection featured the platter and can be seen here. Then the platter was used again with a fall cloche here. Although the pattern has been retired, I have been happy to purchase additional pieces from ebay. 

Thanks for stopping by - Judy.


Sharing at these great parties:


Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson on Wed. evenings 
The Scoop @ Stone Gable Blog
Share Your Style Link Party @ 21 Rosemary Lane on Wed. evenings
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life on Wednesday evening

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm on Thursday
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch on Thursday morning
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage on Thursday morning

Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home 
Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays







12 comments:

  1. Hi, Judy! All the warm, wonderful color on your table is a great way to herald the season! I imagine fall in Kentucky is a little different from that in Kansas and Missouri. Milder, I would think. I know you’re loving it. Fitz & Floyd remains king of gorgeousness, especially in fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Fall Ode to the Pheasant. I also love Fitz and Floyd anything and everything! Your tablescape is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've captured the occasion of your husband's return from the hunt perfectly. Beautiful fall colours and those pheasants fit the theme wonderfully. I love that table runner and you are right, your table setting elements look terrific against the cherrywood of your dining set. Did you serve pheasant? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pheasant tablescape. The profusion of fall colors and textures is beautiful. As for Fitz & Floyd - a girl after my own heart!
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- I just love your themed tablescapes, Judy. This one celebrating your husband's hunt is awesome.

    So - did he have any luck????

    My little brother is a hunter. He hunts duck and deer. He uses a compound bow for the deer. He always has luck. I'd give ANYTHING if he could hunt the deer in my backyard - our deer population is so out of control here. They're starving and brazen and constantly cause accidents around these parts.

    My brother would eat well for a year. What a shame he's not allowed. I know it would get him down here for a visit if he could hunt!

    Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful table scape!! Not over done, elegant, and has the perfect spirit of the season!! LOVE that gravy boat!!!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice way to celebrate your husband's return after the pheasant season hunt. Fitz and Floyd make such beautiful pieces- I'm always drawn to them. These fall colors really do look beautiful on your cherry dining table. Love the antlers- beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always loved to collect pheasant pieces and I have some FF. My husband has hunted pheasant in Montana before and we have one that he shot mounted! Judy, your table is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful table Judy. Love the detail of the pheasants! Perfect welcome home for your sweetheart. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love your pheasant collection. Too bad it has been discontinued, those were some of the most beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Judy! You have some beautiful pieces here. Your table looks fabulous. I have fond memories of my dad and uncles pheasant hunting on Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete