At the Feeders and in the Trees - Week 19

We have been seeing a hawk around the back of our property for a few months but I never can get close enough to get a decent pic of him. Lately, he has been coming a bit closer to our house and I was able to get a few pics of him on the ground. Although they are not perfect shots, I am just happy to be able to try to identify him. I believe he is a Broad-winged hawk. I'm hoping he keeps visiting and that I get lucky for more pics. 



I've had a mockingbird at my feeders the last couple of days, which is unusual. Usually I just seem them in the trees or on the ground.




In the next pic of the Red-bellied woodpecker, you can really see the markings on his back and head. 




The Carolina Chickadee visits every day.



Check out his black cap.


I''m always thankful for the birds that visit my feeders and yard. Thanks for stopping by - Judy.


Linking to:


Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon


Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery


Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life 
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Sweet Inspiration Link Party @ The Boondocks Blog on Fridays 

17 comments:

  1. Hello, Judy!

    The Broad-wing hawk is an awesome visitor. I love the Mocker and the Woodpecker, they are cool yardbirds. The Chickadee is a cutie. Great collection of birds and photos. I appreciate your joining in with my 200th Critter party. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful birds!
    Usually a hawk sees me at the exact same time I see him, and he flies away before I can get the camera pointed in his direction!
    Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great captures of that elusive hawk! And I really love that pretty mockingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ENJOYED A LOT THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful shots of the beautiful birds and the hawk is fascinating ~ hope he/she keeps coming ~ ^_^

    A ShutterBug Explores ~ aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have hawks or maybe it's the same one I see occasionally. I've seen him perched on the fence and it startled me at the size of him and by the time I grabbed for the camera he was gone. Great photos, I especially love the red-bellied wood pecker, beautiful. The mockingbird is very common here. They have nests in all the trees and fiercely guard them! The are very entertaining if a kitty comes into the yard, they don't stay long :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hawk! Beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great set of yard-birds. not the same as here in Australia at all!

    Feel free to link you bird images to Wild Bird Wednesday, that pops up on my blog on (wait for it) ........... Wednesdays!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Judy!!! To have a hawk feeding at such a close range would be something to behold. I too hope he continues for a while for you.

    Once again, thanks so much for joining us birders and sharing your photos this weekend at I'd Rather B Birdin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You shared two of my very favorite birds, the chickadee and the mockingbird! Loved seeing the mockingbird pictures especially. We used to see them quite frequently around here but I seldom see them near our house anymore (not sure why).

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a handsome looking hawk. I have a pair living in the woods behind my house and I love to watch them. I have plenty of mockingbirds too, but I've never seen them at my feeders! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That hawk is beautiful...we don't see that one here. And we've missed our yard birds lately. We have very few at the feeders since the hurricane. Love that little black cap! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

  13. I have had those sweet little Carolina Chickadees this year.
    How exciting to get pictures of the hawk up close also

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous visitors! I can only imagine how much fun they are to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad I wandered by. And look, all my friends are here too (Hi Eileen)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great series of birds but of course the hawk is the most exciting. Taking photos even on the grass is wonderful. Hope it comes down again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That chickadee is so sweet. I love seeing them. My feeders have slowed down a bit, but I don't know why....*sigh*. Thanks for linking up today and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete