Blooms and Growing in the Yard #2

Welcome Friends and thanks for stopping by to see what is blooming or growing in my yard.



Here it is the middle of August and I'm happy to say my mini-pumpkin vines are blooming.





This is my first year to plant mini-pumpkins so I'm really excited to see that I now have some actual mini-pumpkins growing on the vines.



Our tomato plants are still blooming. We planted Big Boy and Better Boys just like my Dad always planted. 


Although we only planted 5 tomato plants, we have been getting lots of tomatoes and more coming.



That's about it for my farming skills so on now to some flowers blooming in the yard. 


Blooming below are: purple coneflower, black-eyed Susans, purple verbena, and wild Jewell Weed. The Jewell Weed is growing wild at the back of our property. They say it is nature's cure for poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac. 



The crepe myrtles and hydrangeas are just stunning.



My "little lime" hydrangea did produce some beautiful blooms. This was the second year for this dwarf hydrangea. 



The elephant ears have gone crazy and many are really as big as an elephant's ear



Giving a nod to fall, I'll share a some fallish color from my yard with you.


I am so thankful to have flowers blooming and plants growing in my yard.

Thanks for stopping by - Judy.

Linking to:


Gardens Galore No 6
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ Stone Gable Blog


Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style on Tuesday evening
Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer


Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style on Tuesday evening
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme on Wednesday

Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson on Wed. evenings 
Share Your Style Link Party @ 21 Rosemary Lane on Wed. evenings
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life on Wednesday evening

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm on Thursday


15 comments:

  1. Well, la-di-da!!!!!! Look at you, Miss Green Thumb!!! Everything looks so lush and pretty! I'm thinking about planting mini pumpkins next year. Glad you had success with it! Any tips? I'm all ears...or eyes, I guess! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blooms are lovely. Nice job on the photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yard is a delight to the eyes . . . I love cottage gardens. Growing flowers and vegetable gardens is what summer is all about to me. Thank you for sharing your lovely space with us.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are all looking good. I love the limelight hydrangeas- such a realiable shrub. I don't have little lime but I understand it performs just as well as the original. I wish I had a large sunny spot so I could grow pumpkins. Looks like your going to have a good crop of the mini ones! Those last a long time too once they're cut. I wish we could grow crepe myrtles up here- just a tad too cold for them in the winter to survive. I never heard of the jewel weed before- I'll read up on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blooms look GREAT!

    Hope to see your photos at reader tip tuesday: http://www.jodiefitz.com/2017/08/15/reader-tip-tuesday-craft-recipe-party/
    It's open & growing all week...xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, you do have a green thumb. All the flowers and plants are doing great. I like the pumpkins and tomatoes. Your flowers and photos are all gorgeous.

    Enjoy your day and the weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are gorgeous. My pumpkin vines have been invaded by squash bugs. A persistent problem for me for a few years. Thanks for linking up today and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy, I just popped over from Rattlebridge Farm. I always gravitate to links with garden pictures. I'm always happy to find another gardener and I love your gardens. Come visit me when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy - your post really resonated with me - my brother has had great success with elephant ears and keeps propagating them - I think just about every family member has one or more! And the Big Boy and Better Boy tomatoes - my Dad also grew them - what a walk down memory lane. And then, mini-pumpkins and fall colors - I love autumn, so you are speaking my language! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a very interesting garden!~
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/08/oooh-baby.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful and your vegetable garden is doing great! I love the jewel weed, and have never heard of it before. I have a Limelight Hydrangea and love it also. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...you have some amazing color to enjoy and to share...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your mini-pumpkins!! Everything looks so nice and green. I hope Harvey didn't drop as much rain on you as it did us here on the Texas Gulf Coast!!

    ReplyDelete