At the Feeders and in the Trees - Week 2

I am happy to see that the Carolina Wren has been visiting my feeders again.



The white eyebrow stripe helps to identify him. 



His tail is usually cocked upward. 




House Sparrows have also been spotted at the feeders. It doesn't seem to bother him that a Downy Woodpecker is on the other side of the suet feeder.


I have noticed that the Downy will let me walk out on the deck, which is right beside the feeders, and doesn't fly off. 



The House Sparrow doesn't let me get chose at all. I'm shooting this pic from the other side of my sliding door to the deck. 






In the next couple of photos, you can see how much larger the Red-bellied Woodpecker is than the Downy. 





I don't see them on the feeder at the same time, usually the Downy waits for the Red-bellied to leave. Sometimes he waits on a nearby branch for his turn.



Thanks for stopping by - Judy.


Linking to:


Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Normandy Life on Sunday evening


The Scoop @ Stone Gable Blog

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern on Tuesday evening

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme on Wednesday evening
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm on Thursday evening



Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon









16 comments:

  1. The Carolina Wren is one of my favorite birds. Having lived up north and the Southwest, I had little contact with the species until moving to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wren is quite as beautiful, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, love the sweet wren images. Cool captures of your woodpeckers. Happy New Year! Enjoy your day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wrens are such cheerful birds!
    Great photos of the woodpeckers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Red-bellied woodpecker is so great looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a pair of Pacific Wrens hanging around the cabin this winter. They move so fast! - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty birds! I only get Blue Jays and Cardinals at our feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, sweet birds! We get these in Virginia too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the wren. We have one of them in Sweden. Almost looking the same as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tiny wrens are so cute. I love the small Downy too ... we have a Downy couple that frequent our feeders..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, awesome and MORE awesome. The wren, the sparrow the two woodpeckers....all so fabulous. And your photos are so clear and beautiful.

    Thanks so much for coming over and sharing your link with us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week. You're very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, I love the cute wren photos. The woodies are a favorite too. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love the little wrens and have one that visits our feeder...and sings his heart out! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a feeder and i have these small brown birds that i can't identify. I think they are either finches or sparrows. Could you try to get some pics of both and tell me to spot them? Thank you. I am new at bird watching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love seeing the birds visiting your feeders! I'm sure the birds are so happy to have you to get them through the cold winter. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete