Is the Barn On Fire?

I recently posted that we are moving to Murray, KY, to be close to our daughter and SIL who are relocating there with new jobs. I'm really not that familiar with Kentucky so I have much to learn about living in Kentucky.

For instance, I was driving to Murray one day in our home search and I passed the barn below and for a few seconds, thought it was on fire. Take a look and see what you think!


Remember, I didn't grow up in Kentucky or anywhere where tobacco is grown! So a smoking barn means fire to me. Ok, so it wasn't a barn on fire but instead they were smoking tobacco in the barn. It is a pretty cool picture and the tobacco didn't stink like cigarettes. 

You know, I don't smoke or approve of it, but the tobacco barns were pretty amazing! Maybe I'll take more pictures of tobacco barns in Kentucky. Take care - Judy.

Linking to:

Masterpiece Monday at California Coastal Home
Make-It-Pretty Monday’s at The Dedicated House
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings
Metamorphosis Monday@ Between Naps on the Porch
Make It Monday @ Katherine’s Corner

Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop at Stonegable Blog
You’re Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House

Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer

Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Ivy and Elephants for What Is It Wednesday
The Uptown Acorn for Share Your Style Link Party
From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on Thursday
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted In Thyme

Feathered Nest Friday @ the French Country Cottage
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Fabulously Creative Friday @ Jennifer Rizzo
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm
Weekend Retreat @ AKA Design & Life







11 comments:

  1. I would have thought the same as you! Good luck with your move. I lived my entire life in NYC but moved west with my husband to live close to children and grandchildren. It was a bit of an adjustment but I love living here now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would have though the same :) Have a great day!

    Shantana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Judy, I too would have thought the barn was on fire! Hope your move and new change of scenery is good to you girl! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never been to that part of the world either. I understand it is a very nice area and trust all goes well for you there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in Kentucky a few times. I saw tobacco being hauled on a cart and then stacked in rows inside the barn. Truthfully, I never saw the barns smoking like this photo you took. Nice image. Recording what is amazing to us is what is important. It is also a historical photograph. Someday your picture may be the only one left of what happened in 2015 with tobacco barns. Barns are pretty much obsolete.
    JM, IL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy,
    Amazing photo!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked living pretty close to Murray Kentucky a few years back. I lived in a little town west of Benton pretty close to Murray named Symsonia, Kentucky Then of course lived and worked in Paducah Kentucky.

    The old barns smoking are a pretty site LOL. You will enjoy going to Kentucky Lake there is some antique shops at Eddyville you just might like around the lake.

    I have friends who Graduated college at Murray

    ReplyDelete
  8. living at a different sector from your daughter is also cool,

    good luck,
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Judy! I grew up not far from Murray and tobacco barns were my playground. They smell amazing when they are drying it. I got some barnwood from one of the barns I grew up playing in when they took it down and I use it for a picture backdrop. I hold it up to my nose and smell it everytime I use it for photography because it still smells like tobacco! Fun shot of the smoking barn. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's funny, Kentucky is just one state below me - yet there is a world of differences in culture there. I soooooo would have thought the barn was on fire as well - you aren't alone. I have never even heard of a smoking barn until your post.

    PS I would love love love if you ever come up to Columbus, Ohio - let me know, it'd be awesome to meet you in person after all these years being blogging friends! Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete