A Spring Cloche and Robin Eggs

We have certainly been enjoying Spring weather this past week. The robins are here and busy building their nests. They will lay their eggs and sit tight waiting for them to hatch. To honor these American birds, I have a cloche with robin eggs.



The cloche is nestled among two white platters, a small topiary, two birds and a teapot. 



For a little more green, this grouping is flanked by small ferns.

Note: Did you know that most birds lay their eggs at sunrise but not robins. they lay their eggs at mid-morning after they have feasted on earthworms.





Thanks for stopping by to see my spring cloche. 

Now I think I'll have a cup of tea and wait for the robin eggs to hatch. 

This could take a while!
Judy



Linking to the following fabulous parties:


Inspire Me Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday 
Your Cozy Home Party  at Cozy Home Scenes on Tuesday
Inspire Me Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday 
You’re Gonna Love It at Kathe With An E

 Judy at DIY by Design for Swing Into Spring
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday

Open House Party at No Minimalist Here on Thursday
Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits at Stone Gable
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner

Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Be Inspired at Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage

Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely vignette. Love the green paired with the white. So pretty. Stopping by from Savvy Southern Style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea Judy! Love the robin's eggs. I didn't know that birds had a time of day that they lay eggs. We have a robin's next out back of our garage with little ones in it. They are growing so fast! I like all your white pieces- The tea pot and birds are cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bakers rack! Your vignette is so pretty. I always love green and white in the summer. :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so into greenery all of a sudden and adding the cloche with the nest is fabulous. Gorgeous vignette. Thanks tons for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I love all the white pieces You've incorporated. You have some of my favorite greenery. It looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting tidbit about when Robins lay their eggs. My daughter lives far enough north that they have robins nesting. I am so far south they are the first sign of spring and they come in large grougs but don't nest here. I love their beautiful blue eggs! Your vignette with your cloche is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Judy, your cloche/bird nest vignette is quite lovely. I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday - your post will be featured in this week's party,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete