Patriotic Centerpiece - Dollar Tree Savings

My mind was spinning, "What could I make for 
Debbie Doo's Dollar Tree Summer Linky Party." Speaking of spinning, before I could get to the store, it was pinwheels that came to mind.


Here's my finished design:



As quickly as I entered the store, there they were - pinwheels on display. Ok, I must be on the right track. Pinwheels it is, now what else could I use with them. Here's what I walked out of the store with: bunches of red and white flowers, sparkling bursts, pinwheels and some blue placemats for a tablescape.



Now for the assembly. I needed a container of some sort. Do you remember my hurricane centerpiece used in my "Think Spring Tablescape?"



Now remove the purple flowers and the fun begins.



Start adding the flowers. Some I cut apart and some I left as part of the bunch and just bent them. 



I wasn't sure how I was going to add the sparkling bursts, I couldn't push them in between the votives because their base was too large. Should I cut them off and try to stick them in between the flowers, then I saw they were adhered to a thick wire so decided against that thought.  Oh, how about removing some of the votives and exchanging them for the sparkling bursts. I did leave the glass hurricanes surrounding the votives for stability.



Wow, am I happy, I have a new centerpiece and only spent $12 plus tax. I could use it as a patriotic centerpiece for a Memorial Day tablescape or on a serving table. I could substitute flags for the pinwheels and use it again for the Fourth of July; the Dollar Tree has flags too.


Thanks for having the party Debbie, it was fun.

Linking to the following parties:
Debbiedoo's Dollar Tree Party
Met. Monday at BNOTP
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage 
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Make-It-Pretty Monday's at The Dedicated House

Inspire Me Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday 
You’re Gonna Love It at Kathe With An E


Judy at DIY by Design for Swing Into Spring
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday

Open House Party at No Minimalist Here on Thursday
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Tutorials, Tips, and Tidbits at StoneGable

Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Be Inspired at Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage
Foody Friday at Rattlebridge Farm

Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper




11 comments:

  1. Hi darlin- boy you were missed, lady!

    Hope you are feeling better now - which you must be looking at your fun RW and B centerpiece with all its patriotic BLING!!

    Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you are back.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy your centerpiece is so festive and fantastic. See you in the morning! Thanks in advance for sharing your dollar tree greatness with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red, white and woo hoo! So clever!

    Have a gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy, I'm loving your patriotic centerpiece. Thanks for sharing it with the great tutorial.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOSH O MIGHTY...this is awesome...so so cute. Excuse me now...I am on my way to Dollar Tree...:))
    I just LOVE this party.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that red, white, blue combo.
    It looks great.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    Greetings from Singapore...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! It's so great when it comes together like that. I like the idea of using what you already have on hand with inexpensive accents.

    Thanks for sharing!
    www.fourfrontdoors.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word, I absolutely love it and such a fun creation also. Very clever. Thanks so much for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your centerpiece and how you repurpose your materials for the different seasons. Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a fabulous centerpiece! So patriotic & fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judy,
    AMAZING Patriotic Tablescape, dear friend!!!
    Love the pinwheels!!!
    Memorial Day, Flag Day, Fourth of July & Veteran's Day. . .I'd say you've got them all covered!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete