Homemade Pimento Spread on Hamburgers

My husband has been cooking again and we are sharing the recipe with you. He is making Old Fashion Southern Homemade Pimento Spread to go on grilled hamburgers. While he is mixing, stirring, and grilling, I have been creating my tablescape.

Take a look:



On The Menu
Garden Salad with Ranch Dressing 
Old Fashion Southern Homemade Pimento Spread 
Grilled hamburgers
Potato Salad 
Mixed Vegtables
Sliced Fresh Tomatoes


I'm going with red, white and blue today as we celebrate Labor Day. We are certainly laboring this weekend with the cooking, table setting, and some landscaping.
It looks like I have the table set for more than four people but those are a dessert plate combo between the dinner plates.
I'm using kitchen towels as table napkins, I love the blue and white stripe in them. You can see I have tucked a napkins in the geranium container for my centerpiece.


Let's go check on the burgers. Wow, too much fire under the burgers, better move over so he can get them under control. Big always likes to use charcoal when he grills.






While Big  is finishing the burgers, I sliced some of the tomatoes thin so they could go on the burgers, cut tomatoes for the salad, chopped some romaine lettuce and plated some of the potato salad. 


The burgers are done and the homemade pimento spread has been added to the grilled burgers. I've never eaten pimento spread on burgers but I'm going to give it a try since Big is  anxious for me to eat it.


Old Fashion Southern Homemade Pimento Spread

1 Tbs butter or margarine
1 Tbs plain flour
1 Tbs vinegar
1 tsp dry mustard
1 egg lightly beaten
4 oz. (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 1/2 tablespoons pimentos, chopped
2 1/2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, chopped
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
4-8 oz. Velveeta cheese, shredded
Directions

In the bowl of an electric mixer (or by hand), beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to mix on medium speed until well combined.


Thanks for stopping by - Judy





Linking to:

On The Menu Monday at StoneGable
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage 
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill 
A Delightsome Life : A Return to Loveliness at  Blissful Rhythm
Meet Me Monday at You're Talking Too Much 
Marvelous Monday at This Gal Cooks
Mix It Up Monday at Flour Me With Love
Mosaic Monday at Little Red House

Table Top Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe With an E

Let's Dish  at Cuisine Kathleen on Wednesday
Centerpiece Wednesday at the Style Sisters
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style 

DIY by Design for Swing Into Spring
Ivy and Elephants for What Is It Wednesday
White Wednesday at Faded Charm

Tablescape Thursday  at Between Naps on the Porch
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here on Thursday
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Kristen’s Creations for Share Your Creations on Thursday
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage

Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage
Foody Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Stuff and Nonsense for Friday's Unfolded
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Natasha in OZ for Say G'day Saturday 
Spotlight Saturday at Classy Clutter
Show and Tell Saturday at Be Different, Act Normal
Saturday 7 at Positively Splendid

Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper


35 comments:

  1. Judy, I have never eaten pimiento spread on burgers, either, but it looks good! Your whole tablescape is just beautiful!
    Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, you did it again, lady- look at what a beautiful dinner and table you both created together!

    So- how did you like the spread?

    I am anxious to try it, too - thanks SO much for sharing your pretty Labor Day table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, what a pretty tablesetting! The food looks wonderful! I am putting your pimento spread recipe in my files! I'm celebrating my one year anniversary in the blog world. Please stop by and get in on my latest giveaway! Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, sweet Judy! This post is beautiful and yummy at the same time, I'm so hungry! How I wish I could go thru your post and have humburgers in that gorgeous table setting. I love the color combo and the pretty dishes and blue glasses. The red flowers are lovely too. Enjoy your long weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will I be run out of blogland if I say I never had pimento spread? :D

    Your Labor Day table is so pretty! You can never go wrong with red, white & blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed browsing your beautiful blog! Lovely tablescapes!

    I love pimento cheese, but I've never tried it on burgers!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy, We have a restaurant here that has a special pimento cheese they serve on burgers. I've never tried it but after looking at yours I may try my burger dressed with the cheese. Your table is lovely and the colors are great for Labor Day. Great holiday menu.
    Stay safe and have a happy holiday.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so far ahead of me for Labor Day. Sweet Mister's big dove hunt takes place every year on the first weekend in September...opening day. Dickens and I are pretty much just hanging out. Love the different shades of blue mixed with the red...so pleasing to the eye. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy~ Your burger looks delicious and perfect for enjoying over a holiday weekend! I've had pimento cheese on a burger dining out, but for some reason forget to try it at home! Happy Labor Day weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy, thanks for visiting,maybe that bird cage is a little psychological thing about school. Hmmm. I didn't think about that.
    Your photos are beautiful, as is your table. I am going to copy your pimento cheese recipe and try it. I take pimento cheese (store bought)sandwiches a couple of times a week to school.

    What district are you in? I am in Turner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those burgers look divine and I love your table. I often use towels for napkins also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never had pimiento spread, either. I think it looks really, really good on those burgers, though! Mmmmm....I would be in hog heaven (or is that cow heaven?) to bite into one of those burgers right now! I'm SO hungry!!! The rest of the meal looks great, too! Scoot over..make room for me! :-) Ii really like the way you used the tea towels (remember when that's what they were called?) for napkins. They're perfect! Have a wonderful holiday, and enjoy those leftovers. I'll bet the burgers with the pimiento cheese topping taste EXTRA good the second day after all the seasonings have really permeated!!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Judy, this looks so good you've made me hungry! :) My MIL makes homemade pimento cheese spread, and it's really yummy. I've never had it on burgers, though.

    Your red, white, and blue tablescape is pretty and so festive. I can't believe the summer is almost over.

    Thanks for your visit to my blog and have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table looks so pretty and those hamburgers look delightfully yummy. Wish I was coming for dinner - it looks divine.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a beautiful table..and what a great recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Judy: I've never had pimento spread when it didn't come out of a little glass and was on celery sticks. Remember when? That looks so good and your table is stunning. Everything looks wonderful..Happy Labor Day..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:40 PM

    Hi Judy! Oh, what a beautiful table you've set and love the red, white and blue! I've never had pimento cheese on hamburgers but it sound so good.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. how spicy is it? i love good spice on a burger. we also love grilling with charcoal! I came over from Stonegable link up and I'm excited to see what else you have coming up! I am always in need of new recipes

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never thought of that. Looks and sounds soooooo good. Gorgeous tablescape too. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  20. The table looks so beautiful and festive...perfect for the holiday...and those burgers with the pimento cheese..oh yuuum...I have never made pimento cheese...now I have a great recipe...Thanks Judy...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Judy,
    We usually purchase ready made pimento spread...I'll give this recipe a try soon, dear friend!!! I adore your Labor Day tablescape!!! The use of the blue stripe is stunning with your place settings! Those white platters paired with the red geranium stole my heart!!! When I was employed as a teacher, I, too used Labor Day to clean up the garden flower beds before the onset of Fall! Lovely post...and your cook~out menu looks delicious!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  22. Judy, your table is beautiful. I make homemade pimento cheese all the time but it never makes it to a burger. We eat it all up on crackers or bread. Big is very deliberate with his menu and it all looks delicious. hugs, olive

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks delicious! My hub also eats pimento cheese on burgers and I too may have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeously delicious post, Judy! The table is so pretty and the meal looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this tablescape! All the linens and the dishes are fabulous and the pops of red just make it sizzle! Thank you for linking up and sharing your ideas with us!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous9:32 AM

    Judy,
    Your table looks so pretty and perfect for your delicious Hamburgers. Coming to you from my newest blog.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a neat idea. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays. Looking forward to having you with me this Sunday.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks yummy, Judy! Really loved the vignette you put together.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous9:21 AM

    As much as I like pimento cheese you'd think I would have put it on hamburgers. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Judy they look delish. I love all of the wonderful photos too. Thank you for sharing on the Thursday hop my friend xo

    ReplyDelete
  31. HI Judy, this looks delicious and beautiful. I love the red and black. YOur table looks lovely and the food looks yummy. Makes me hungry!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mrs. JB,

    This is my color combo fave... Red & Black. Wow, loving it.

    TY so much for the recipe. Need to try this. Hubby is a great fan of pimiento. He will be in heaven knowing it's homemade.

    Have a blessed w/end.
    /Chie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your tablescape is gorgeous and the spread looks yummy! Thank you for sharing your recipe at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I so enjoy a good pimento cheese. I'm going to try adding some next time we grill hamburgers.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for informative post. I am pleased sure this post has helped me save many hours of browsing other similar posts just to find what I was looking for. Just I want to say: Thank you!
    best bar to watch sports

    ReplyDelete