Saturday, December 1, 2012

Aqua Mantel

Ho, ho, ho, you know how much I love to use aqua in my decorating, so you probably aren't surprised that I'm using aqua on my kitchen mantel for Christmas.


Wow, was I excited when I visited Michael's and they were showing peacock blue glittery pieces! It didn't take me long to gather all the stems and pieces I could and start dreaming about decorating with aqua and peacock blue for Christmas.



Here's a glance at the entire mantel. 

I found some aqua Christmas trees at Hobby Lobby to add to the mantel. The Holiday Village plate is by Peggy Karr Glass and has been around my house for a few years.

I assembled the wreath with additional pieces from Michael's. You can see more pictures of my wreath here.



Here's an evening shot after I added lights and a little additional garland across the back of the mantel.



Be sure to check back later to see my aqua Christmas tablescape - Judy.

Linking to:


Kim at Savvy Southern- Vignettes and Mantels on December 2
Kevin and Layla at The Lettered Cottage - Mantels on December 4

Michelle from Ten June- Merry Mantels on December 6
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Matamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life
Mary for Mosaic Monday at Little Red House
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper

Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage 
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill  
Meet Me Monday at You're Talking Too Much 
Make-It-Pretty Monday's at The Dedicated House 


Table Top Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures


Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Stuff and Nonsense for Friday's Unfolded
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home




11 comments:

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Beautiful. I love the lights in the garland and the Christmas village scene plate!!
Karen

Leslie's Garden said...

So pretty, and it really looks lovely with the lights twinkling! I love the blue and silver together!

Gina said...

Your mantel is so beautiful, Judy! The blue is magical!

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

WOW this is absolutely stunning, Judy- whoa - absolutely gorgeous!

My mom always used blue at Christmas and something in my heart ticked strongly on this post, love it.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

This is so pretty - and different! Love the swags on the corners of the mantle! Happy Holidays!

Anne Kimball said...

Hi Judy, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from Make It Pretty Monday.

This is so beautiful! I don't usually think of blue when I think of Christmas decor, but this works so nicely. Just lovely!

Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

Patty said...

Gorgeous! I myself don't do much in blue, but this is really spectacular. Patty

Christine Graves said...

Thats stunning, thanks for sharing it! I love it!

Cynthia said...

Sorry its been a while. I love this mantel it is so cheery, I love the colors and the glass trees. Is that mercury glass?

Cynthia

Dixie n Dottie said...

This is so beautiful! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_04_archive.html

Infuse With Liz said...

Wow Judy- two mantels to decorate! How fun! These colors are pretty! I like the big platter/bowl and the HL trees. The garland and lights give it that special glow! It's always so nice to see them lit up at night.