Since it was chilly and windy outside, I decided to bring the hydrangea bloom inside to work on the wreath. I sprayed them with hair spray then added a couple of coats of Glimmer Mist in a Limited Edition Color of Mallard. I am a crafter and scrapbooker so I had the Glimmer Mist and decided to give it a try on the hydrangea blooms. I didn't think the hydrangeas grabbed the color like I had hoped but it was worth a try. There is surely some spray that florists use that would have worked better.
I tied on the first couple of blooms with wire but quickly decided I could just wrap the pine branches around the stems of the blooms. You can see a couple blooms added in the picture below.
I continued adding the blooms to the entire wreath to get the affect I was looking for. Looks like I need to add a few more to finish. You can see how the sun is shining through the windows on the wreath.
Next I made a few ribbon picks using some peacock blue ribbon tied to extra pieces of the stems of the hydrangea. Next, I added a glittered magnolia stems from Michael's and soon my wreath was finished. That more sun shinning on the right side of the wreath making a little glare on the wreath.
Wow that was a small project but was a bit messy. I had a really big mess on the floor to clean up. Hope you can stop back by to see my Aqua Christmas Mantel and Aqua Christmas Tablescape. Watch my sidebar for links - Judy.
PS: I don't think I will be able to store this wreath for next year, maybe I'll just remove the magnolia glittered stems and use it for Spring. It's so fragile.
Kate at Centsational Girl
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here on Thursday
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Kristen’s Creations for Share Your Creations on Thursday
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage
Tutorials, Tips, and Tidbits at Stone Gable