Decorating the Tree

Gosh, what better Christmas memories does this make?



Grandma let these two precious grandsons put on as many of the chartreuse ornaments as they wanted. 


There may be two or three on the same branch but those can be rearranged later or just left the way they are, especially since those are sweet little hands placing the ornaments.

My daughter is using silver and chartreuse on her living room tree again and we are decorating together.


Plus lots of sparkle

and glitz.

A silver star for the top.


I wanted the lights to show in my pictures so I set the camera on manual and set my IOS setting to a much higher number. I didn't use a tripod but tried to hold the camera very still. You can then brighten/lighten your pictures in Photoshop or any other picture editing program. I always adjust the contrast when I brighten images.



I'm using some photography tips from Courtney at Click It Up A Notch as I take pictures of decorating the tree and my evening picture below. 


Here's the tip from her Newsletter that I used on the evening picture above.


1. Turn off ALL the lights but the tree.
You want your house to be pitch black. You want the only lights on are the lights from the tree.
2. Crank up your ISO.
You are shooting in extremely low lighting and you may need to max out your ISO. Remember it is better to increase your ISO than have an underexposed image.

I'm so glad I used Courtney's Tips for my pictures. I am happy with my results - Judy.


Linking to:
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday on Tuesday, December   10
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage 
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill 
Make-It-Pretty Monday's at The Dedicated House

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday on Tuesday, December 11
Megan from Honey We're Home for O Christmas Tree on Tuesday, December 11
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures

Kim at Savvy Southern for Wow Us Wednesday on Wednesday, December 12
Sarah at ThriftyDecor Chick  for Christmas Trees on Thursday, December 13
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here on Thursday
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Kristen’s Creations for Share Your Creations on Thursday
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays

The Sunday Showcase Party  
Simple Sunday
Overflowingwith Creativity
Sunday Fun Day Blog Hop
Tutorials, Tips, and Tidbits at Stone Gable


Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Stuff and Nonsense for Friday's Unfolded
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
 Jennifer Rizzo for Fabulously Creative Friday




14 comments:

  1. How fun to let the chidren 'help', Judy! I just love the chartreuse color, with all of the sparkly accents. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty the chartreuse is with all the sparkle and what gorgeous little helpers. It is a special time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet memories!! The tree is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that looks like a great tree trimming party:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, I had to make myself walk away from the gorgeous chartreuse garlands and swags at Costco. Your grandsons did a terrific job of decorating their tree. So sweet and cute. Thanks for sharing with us. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tree and your pictures both look fantastic! Beautiful green ornaments. You are so right, too. What a sweet sweet memory! I am a follower.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors of the tree! So fun and festive and you can never have too much glitz on a Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the sparkle on your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The silver and green colours on the tree are just beautiful and those ornaments look really special. Thanks for the tip on night time photos, thats why I didnt put many up of my photos up I struggle to take good shots at night so can only manage to take them in the daytime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been many years ago now but you have just lifted up a Christmas memory for me. Letting the children place the ornaments is special and I like that it doesn't bother you they are not perfect. I love the colors. Great tree and cute little grans.

    My little boy decided to place several ornaments in a row on his level much to my surprise and amusement. I can still smile and chuckle that he rearranged our tree so he could see and enjoy just like he liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Very pretty tree!

    =)

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tree and the boys are just adorable! They clearly are having a blast!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy, Your grandsons are adorable! It must be so fun at Christmas with these little ones around. Love the tree and your photos turned out great. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. Thanks for joining the Open House party. Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. I especially like seeing the two adroable boys adding the ornaments! So cute! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete