May Blooms

Growing Zone 7b - Murray, KY


Are you just loving the blooms in your yard and the gorgeous color around your town? Perhaps it is because it is time for May Blooms at Garden Blogger's Bloom Day @ Carol J. Michel. So come along with me to see the blooms in my yard then hop on over to Carol's sight and check out the blooms at the other gardeners' site.

Growing in Pots




Getting my pots ready and my drip system going was at the top of the list for early spring. I was scheduled for back surgery in April and knew I wouldn't be able to get anything done for quite some time after my surgery.



The pot is filled with purple verbena and red and yellow lantana.




Yellow Supertunias from Proven Winners.




Yellow Supertunias Saffron Finch is the new color for 2024. I read to pair them with bold purples and reds to get an impressive show of colors. 



Are you familiar with this sweet white bloom? I tried the Betty White Bacopa last year with no luck but decided to give it another chance. Last year, it was in a lot of shade and this year it will be in full sun.





In a few other pots and pushed in some white nasturtium seeds after I soaked the seeds overnight. I was pleasantly surprised to see the leaves growing. 



The above pot has the purple verbena, striped petunias and the nasturtium leaves growing. 


Growing in the Ground

Last month I showed the picture below with some phlox in the front of the birdhouse.  



Now, take a look and see what has changed. 


 Now look at the two pics side by side.





Now you see it, don't you! It is the tall phlox blooming behind the birdhouse. I planted the tall phlox one or two years ago and it has flourished.




We have Spiderwort blooming in our shade bed and primrose blooming in another bed.



Last in the lineup of May blooms are my knock-out roses. 




I have three bushes of knocks out and they are always blooming by Mother's Day. 




Blooms on the Shady Deck


We have planted some Impatients in the pots on our shady deck. We love to sit on this deck on watch and listen to the birds.











We enjoyed seeing the Northern Lights from the end of our driveway. I hope you all had a chance to see them. 





Thanks for joining me today as we strolled through some of our flower beds then up to the deck to see the May Blooms - Judy. 

Linking to:

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day @ Carol J. Michel

Mosaic Monday @ South and Mind and So On - Sunday


Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda on Sunday at 2pm

Sundays on Silverado @ The House on Silverado

Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop @ Ridge Haven Homestead

Happiness is Homemade @ Ducks in A Row


MET Monday @ BNOTP


Nature Notes on Monday

OMHG Wonderful Wednesday on Monday

All About Home @ Follow the Yellow Brick Home and Common Ground on Monday at 6 pm

Through My Lens on Monday

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

Tuesdays With A Twist @ God's Growing Garden, Stone Cottage Adventures

Pictorial Tuesday @ Peabea Photos on Tuesday

Share Your Style @ French Ethereal

Tuesday Turn About @ My Wee Abode at 6 pm

Creative Muster @ Fluster Buster on Tuesday at 6 pm

Wonderful Wednesday @ Ducks in a Row on Tuesday evening

Wordless Wednesday @ Ramblin' With AM

My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Thinking Out Loud Thursday @ Penney's Passion on Wednesday

Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Thursday Favorite Things @ Katherine's Corner

FLORAL FRIDAY FOTOS on Thursday 

Funtastic Link Party @ Two Chicks and A Mom on Thursday 9pm 


Fabulous Link Party @ Peacock Ridge Farm 

Friendship Friday Blog Hop @ Create With Joy

Floral Bliss on Friday

Friday Features Link Party @ Penny's Passion

Farm House Friday @ County Road 407

Friday With Friends @ My Hubbard Home

Saturday Sparks @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Garden Affair @ Jaipur Garden





13 comments:

  1. You're so far ahead of us here in New Hampshire. Our temperatures are just above freezing so no planting yet, except of course all the perennials coming up in the gardens. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Erika, you are so far ahead of us in Oregon too. Your blooms are just beautiful. I so wish I could get flowers like that. I am so pleased that you showed the face of so many blossoms and shared with FFO. Welcome and thank you. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much colour and beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - each and every one of them!
    And I love all the purple blooms!
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Judy, your mixed pot are gorgeous, I love the blue one best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To answer your first question: Yes! May is an especially special Bloom Day, isn't it? Well, I guess they all are, when our gardens are growing. ;-) I love all your beautiful potted plants and flowers! Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pots are delighful, and so colourful. I do hope you are recovering well and that your garden survives some temporary neglect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you collection of planters and the one with the Yellow Supertunias is exceptionally striking! I love seeing your Knock Out Roses too, as your blooms are a couple of weeks ahead of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can identify with your priorities, Judy! Your beautiful potted plants will give you a lot to enjoy throughout the summer. I hope your recovery from surgery goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am wishing you a speedy recovery from your upcoming surgery. We never saw the Northern lights - we were totally clouded out (just like we were for April's eclipse - sigh) but you are ahead of us in New York with your blooms. I never would have thought of combining verbena with lantana - it works well. We are just putting out our three lantana plants today and crossing fingers no more frost. Our tall phlox won't be blooming for a bit so it was nice to see yours. I also enjoyed the sneak preview of your roses. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only June may be lusher. I love the green and other colours of spring. Have a nice weekend. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, such beautiful flowers and plants. You've an amazing green thumb.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy, your May flowers are so pretty and vibrant. I love seeing the garden. Good luck on your surgery. I am happy to feature your lovely post at Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete