Before They Are Gone

Hummingbirds

Today was a lucky day, the hummers are still visiting my flowers and feeders and I was fortunate enough to capture a few good pics.



The fushia color of some impatients on my back deck must have caught the eye of the hummers.




I'm happy my husband was standing at the sliding glass door that opens to the deck and spied the visitors. 




I keep my camera sitting on the counter next to the slider so I can grab it quickly.




The hummer also enjoyed the nectar from an Angelonia flower. 






Earlier in the day, I snapped a hummer sitting on a branch.





I don't know how much longer they will visit my feeders.



Hummers Visiting A Friend in Missouri


My friend, Linda T., in Cape Girardeau, MO (where we lived before moving to Kentucky) shared some fabulous pics of her visitors this week.


Take a look at this white hummer migrating through her area.




What a treat to have a stunning white hummer at your feeder! I'm thinking this may be an albino hummingbird since I don't see any other pigments. 






Other hummers visiting Linda's feeders.




Yellow Swallowtail


A Yellow Swallowtail visiting the blooms of Lantana.






Thanks for stopping by today. Happy birding - Judy.


Linking to:

MET Monday @ BNOTP

OMHG Wonderful Wednesday on Monday

You're the Star @ God's Growing Garden on Monday

Image-in-ing on Monday

Through My Lens on Monday

Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention on Wednesday am

My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday 

Mosaic Monday @ South and Mind and so on on Sunday



 






8 comments:

  1. What great photos of the hummingbirds.
    In the Netherlands we only see this species in a zoo.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only two or three Hummingbirds still here at my feeders. We always leave our feeders out for migrants coming south. Maybe one of yours will stop by.
    Amazing video of your friend's feeder with a white hummingbird in the flock!
    Beautiful butterfly!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome photos and video of the beautiful humming birds ~ !

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white hummer is really amazing! I didn't know there was one. Love your hummers too and the beautiful blooms. I was happy to see your post today. You take such beautiful photos. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to know there are many such birds everywhere, flitting about in my neck of the woods particularly this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photos. Speaking for myself, I think hummingbirds represent something magical, in that I have had them hover right in front of my nose checking me out. It doesn't get any better than that with nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing hummingbird photos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh dear, these are all great photos.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/09/a-step-by-step-guide-on-how-to-style-a-green-flare-pleated-dress.html

    ReplyDelete