September Blooms & Butterflies

Although it is the middle of September, I am thankful to still have butterflies in my yard. The Black Swallowtails are visiting the remaining zinnias.



I'm featuring the orange zinnias since it is just about Autumn and the orange flowers are popping in my gardens.



Sometimes the butterflies pause a little longer on the flowers as they gather the nectar. Standing very still is a requirement for me to snap pictures. 




I'm glad I snappy these pics of my dahlias last week because yesterday the whole plants had fallen over. Not sure if the wind got it or just the end of the season.





Growing more dahlia is at the top of my list for next year.


The Cardinal Vine has more red blooms opening each day. I will gather seeds in October or November to plant next year.



Variegated liriope is planted as a border plant around my shade garden.  Love its colorful purple blooms.







Other plants in my shade garden providing some color are coleus.







The purple blooms of my supertunias are still providing some color.




Yellow and white Lantana with orange Merigolds blooming in the background.






A sure sign of fall in my yard are the orange berries on the Pyracantha shrub. I only have one of this thorny evergreen shrub. 


It had white flowers in early to mid-summer; then followed by the masses of brilliant orange berries.






Hope you enjoyed my September blooms. Can't wait to hear what is blooming in your area - Judy.


Linking to:


Garden Blogger's Bloom Day on the 15th of the month
Share the Wealth Linky @ My Big Fat Menopausal Life on the 1st & 15th


MET Monday @ BNOTP

OMHG Wonderful Wednesday on Monday

You're the Star @ God's Growing Garden on Monday

Image-in-ing on Monday

Through My Lens on Monday

All About Home @ Follow the Yellow Brick Home and Common Ground on Monday at 6 pm

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

Beautifully Made Link Party @ Across the Blvd. on Tuesday 7am

Tuesdays With A Twist @ Stone Cottage Adventures on Tuesday

Tuesday Turn About @ My Wee Abode at 5 pm

Wonderful Wednesday @ Penny's PassionDucks in a RowMy Abundant Life, on Tuesday evening

Karins Kottage Linky Party @ Karins Kottage on Wednesday am

My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday


Fabulous Link Party @ South House Designs, Living Large in a Small House, & Vintage Home Designs on Friday

Friendship Friday Blog Hop @ Create With Joy on Thursday

Floral Bliss on Friday

Fabulous Friday Link Party @ South House Designs

A Morning Cup of Joe @ The Cottage Market on Friday

Farm House Friday @ County Road 407

Saturday Sparks @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Dare to Share @ Pam's Party

Garden Affair @ Jaipur Garden 

Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf on Sunday

Sunday Sunshine Blog @ Ridge Haven Homestead on Sunday

Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda on Sunday at 2pm

Sundays on Silverado @ The House on Silverado

Inspire Me Monday @ Create With Joy on Sunday

Busy Monday @ A Pinch of Joy on Sundays at 5pm







6 comments:

  1. Pretty blooms! Beautiful butterflies!
    And I enjoyed seeing the ferns, coleus, and berries, too.
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Visiting you from Share the Wealth. LOVE butterflies and flowers. Double the pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butterflies do love zinnias! Coleus is a must-have for the garden in late summer, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this beautiful post Judy! If there ever was a pick-me-up post, this is it! Loved it. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful butterfly! I don't think I ever saw one like that. They probably don't live here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black Swallowtails and Giant Swallowtails are constants in my garden these days. I enjoyed seeing your visitor as well as your beautiful blooms.

    ReplyDelete