The Hummers Are Back!

I am so happy to report that the Ruby-throated Hummingbirds have been back for a week or longer here in Eastern Kentucky. 








It is always a welcomed sight when these tiny birds return. 





How about you, are you seeing the hummers in your area?





In preparation of their return, I try to get my feeders out by the middle of April.









Each year, the hummers enjoy sitting on this branch just off of my deck. The branch has a crack in it so it may not last too many more years. 





The extremely short legs of the hummingbird prevents it from walking. Check out those short legs in the pic below. 








Did you know these hummers beat their wings more than 50 times per second while hovering to sip nectar from a flower? That's just unbelievable. 











Thanks for stopping by to see the return of the hummers to Western Kentucky - Judy.


Linking to:


Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods on Monday pm 

MET Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Thursday Favorite Things @ Follow the Yellow Brick Home
Grace at Home @ Imparting Grace on Thursday

Friday Favorites Link Party @ Penny's Passion on Thursday

Saturday Sparks @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday 

Saturday Link Party @ I'd Rather Be Birdin'


Sundays at Home @ My Soulful Home on Saturday

Saturday Spotlight @ Calypso in the Country


Celebrate Your Story @ Celebrate & Decorate on Sunday

Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf on Sunday

Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda on Sunday at 2pm

Sunday Link Party @ Finding Silver Pennies

Sundays on Silverado @ The House on Silverado

Busy Monday @ A Pinch of Joy on Sundays at 5pm



5 comments:

  1. I have two so far. Usually I end up with more. I have my feeders out and ready to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Judy,
    I always enjoy seeing these cute birds, you have great closeups and photos. My hummingbirds have returned and luckily my feeders were waiting for them. Great Post! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some neat action shots! I haven't seen one in FL yet but I'll be on the lookout! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most beautiful little birds!
    I am sorry to say that it's too cold for them where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. There are no hummingbirds here in Europe, but it is definitely a bird I would like to see someday.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete