At the Feeders and in the Trees #40

Fewer hummers are visiting this week so I'm sharing a couple more pics of them before they are gone.




It's the molting season and I got lucky and snapped a few pics of a cardinal in molting.




During molting, birds' feathers are replaced.






The Carolina Wren visited this week too. Sorry, not my best pics but you can take a look. The two wrens were just a little outside of my focus range.










I love the birds so I am always grateful for their visits - Judy.


Linking to:


Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life


5 comments:

  1. ...I'm not feeding yet, in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so enjoy your posts. I especially enjoyed the photos of the cardinal. I love feeding the birds, but the variety I get in my backyard is nothing like yours!! Thank you for sharing! Have a grand weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hummers are few and far between and I do miss them. I still have Cardinals, but haven't noticed signs of molting. Thanks for linking up and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy - I don't have the equipment to photograph birds properly, but I was happy to spot a marsh wren through my binoculars this week. Such a perky bird! Thanks for sharing the cardinals - we don't have them in Montana and I miss them!

    ReplyDelete