The Eastern Phoebe

I had a new visitor to my yard this week. Take a look at the Eastern Phoebe that has been catching insects from some dirt left where we have been digging out  red lava rock. 



Pretty cool, you can see the insects in her mouth! 

We have been working outside everyday possible during the Covid 19 quarantine. Removing the red lava rock from the front of the house has been our hardest undertaking of the season but this cute plump songbird made by day.



We noticed this bird for several days last week and I managed to get some nice pics of her this week.



She does have a nest under the eaves of our porch that she is taking the insects. Her coloring is grayish brown above and whitish below. 

Thanks for stopping by to see the Eastern Phoebe - Judy.

Linking to:

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturdays 
Camera Critters on Saturday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound

Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda

Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf

Busy Monday @ A Pinch of Joy



My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday

Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention


Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life on Wednesday evening

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet

12 comments:

  1. Isn't he a fabulous poser! I love the details that you captured on him as he ate his lunch!

    Your corner is beautiful this week! Thanks for sharing it at the 'My Corner of the World' link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Your visitor is adorable! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sweet, little bird. I was hoping for some Red Breasted Grosbeaks this year, but that was a no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great capture! Love how you got a picture with the insect in her mouth!
    I do sympathize with you regarding removal of the lava rock. We did this a couple of years ago. Hard and so much tedium! I’m still finding lava buried in the soil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another incredible pic - I tell ya some of your shots you could soooo make calendars for your family and friends.

    This is amazing. Seriously as much as I love birds I sure can't capture any of them. My eyes are so bad I can hardly see them, let alone take a pic or decent pic. I am so impressed with your bird pics - thanks so much for sharing their beauty with us!

    Hoping you are staying home, staying safe and staying well. Sure did love our warm sunny day - finally - and tomorrow too they say, but more rain coming. Of course!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy - the first couple of years that we lived here, I thought "there aren't many birds here except the ones that come to the feeder". But the more I spend time outside, just sitting and observing, I see more and more birds. This week I was thrilled to see a western Audubon's Warbler - a gorgeous bird. And now that I know what to look for and where it likes to hang out, I have seen it regularly.

    So glad you had the opportunity to see this visitor, and that you soon might have some little ones, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty little bird and so dainty eating the insect! Very cute photos for critters! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Judy,

    They are cute birds! Love all the collage images. Great collection of photos! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend! Take care and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when people can get pictures of birds catching their food. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great that they are nesting under your eves. A lovely looking bird.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello. Beautiful bird. Wonderful photos. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete