Birds, Butterflies, and Blooms

The weather has been really hot and humid here in Kentucky this week. The birds have been visiting my feeders which allows me to snap pics of them.

The Downy Woodpecker is a regular visitor and is such a cutie. 






I'm only getting a few hummers but thankful to see them visit. 





The White-breasted Nuthatch has been in the trees near my deck the last few days. He hasn't been visiting lately so he is a welcomed site.






The Northern Cardinal eats the Safflower seeds at my feeders and scattered on the deck. The cardinals don't visit my feeders as much during the summer, they are out eating in the wild.




This guy drives me a bit crazy as he loves to eat bird food and drinks out of my hummingbird feeders. He's enjoying the black oiled sunflower seeds!



Butterflies this week include:


Red Admiral



Only a few swallowtails are visiting the flowers. Can you also see the fly on the flower?





White Sulfur Butterfly on a pink zinnia 




Blooms in the yard . . . 


Yellow Cannas




Purple Liatris (Blazing Star)





Sunflower that came up in a pot.


Pink Vinca




Lots of Zinnias - great for cutting




That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by for birds, butterflies, and blooms - Judy.

Linking to:

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Sundays at Home @ Little Farmstead on Saturday

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturdays
Camera Critters on Saturday

I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon


Celebrate Your Story @ Celebrate & Decorate on Sunday

Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sunday

MET Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Talk of the Town @ Kick of Time on Tuesday

My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday
Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop @ Claire Justine

Share Your Style Link Party @ White Arrows Home 

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life on Wednesday evening

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet

15 comments:

  1. Hello, Judy! Your birds, butterflies and blooms are beautiful. I love the sweet hummer and downy woodie. The Zinnias are beautiful. Wonderful photos. Thank you for linking up your post today. Thanks also for all your visits and past comments! Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without a doubt, squirrels are the bane of everyone who feeds birds. I have tried to thwart them in every way possible, but I have not yet succeeded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your pretty birds especially the nuthatch that we don't see this far South. Love the butterflies too! Kudos for getting such great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful selection of photos!
    Great to see the Downy! Cute squirrel, and sweet Hummingbirds!
    Love all the blooms - my cannas are not blooming yet.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not seeing many birds around the feeders at this time of year! I think they are all off in the woods eating from nature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was a lot for today!! i see all of the same birds and no one eats safflower seeds at my feeders, i wonder why?! i am seeing a lot more cardinals at the feeders than ever before, especially males. i have a squirrel named junior that drives me nuts as well...always trying to get at the feeders that i am trying to keep him off!!

    your butterflies and blooms are gorgeous!! i saw my first monarch yesterday and the first swallowtail today that i did not raise. it is such an exciting time in the gardens, isn't it!!??

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...you have some many beautiful blooms to attract butterflies and birds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy ~ gorgeous photography of feathered friends, furry friends, beautiful butterflies and floral shots!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have very nice visitors. I would like to welcome more birds in my garden but I have 3 cats that are not so friendly with them.
    Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judy - ah, the joys of summer! I must think about planting some zinnias next year - I need some cutting flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy - fabulous summer scenes from your garden. If I was a butterfly, that is the kind of place I would hang out! Our kids, who live in Cincinnati and Columbus, have been telling us about the heat and humidity. I sure don't miss that part of living in the Midwest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent.
    경마사이트
    경마

    ReplyDelete