Before the Color is Gone and a Friendly Warning

Here it is the beginning of October and I still have some color in my gardens to share with you. 



We worked in the yard over the weekend and I am thankful that we still have blooms, and butterflies. 



I know the blooms are starting to fade and soon the beautiful colors of summer will be gone. 



On Wednesday, the temps are going to drop and the rains will be coming in.  I'm loving these butterflies for just a bit longer.



The hardy ferns are just gorgeous right now. This is the third year for these.






The weather was cooler Saturday making it much more enjoyable to be outside working in the yard.



Take a look at this cute little guy.


Take note: Don't pick him up! He is a Hickory Tussock Moth Caterpillar and can cause a reaction on your skin. You can see his black-tipped bristles in my picture above. These bristles contain an irritating substance that can cause an itch or allergic reaction. We have hickory trees on our property and saw several of these little guys over the weekend. 

Hope you enjoyed the last of the color in my gardens - Judy.

Linking to:


Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson on Wednesday evening
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Photo Gallery
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods

Share Your Style Link Party @ 21 Rosemary Lane on Wednesday evening

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life on Wednesday evening
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Saturday Sparkles @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturdays
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon


Sundays at Home @ My Soulful Home on Saturday

Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home
Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays



10 comments:

  1. Judy - frost has knocked off most of my plants here, so it warms my heart to see the color you still have in your garden. Thanks for sharing, including the cautionary note about this caterpillar - I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...pretty scene, I'll be sure not to touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, your gardens and flowers are lovely. Beautiful butterflies. The caterpillar is cool, I wouldn't touch it. Thanks for the warning. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your garden and winged visitors - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty flowers, and beautiful butterflies!
    I was stung by some kind of caterpillar when I was a child, so I learned my lesson.
    Hope you are having a great week!
    PS. All our Hummingbirds have left us, but we saw a couple of them just passing through earlier this week. They stopped briefly at our feeders, and I thought, hey, they might be some of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That caterpillar looks scary up close....like they might use him in one of the old scary movies! lol Love your pretty flowers. It's supposed to cool down some here this weekend! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your color is nice. Here in central KY, we still have a bit, but today our temps changed. I am so glad! I am ready for fall. Thank you for linking up today and I hope you have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty pictures! I live in KY as well and was admiring several butterflies last weekend in the park.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I just wanted to stop back and say thank you for linking up your post. The butterflies, flowers are gorgeous.
    Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete