Our Crepes Are Blooming

I just love when our crepe myrtles burst out in their glorious color.


Waiting all year to see these stunning blooms, is just so rewarding. 






Watching out for Japanese beetles is a must in our area. They devour the buds and eat the leaves on the new growth. In had to spray several times in June to combat them.








Last year, we added four new crepes in the front on the West side of our yard. The blooms are coming, they are just a little slower. I am thankful to see them growing and for the tiny buds I see on them.




Thanks for stopping by to see our crepe myrtles in bloom - Judy.


Linking to:

Garden Party
Join Our Garden Party-The last Friday of each month.

Gardens Galore link up party on August 6
Early Summer Garden

Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson on Wednesday evening
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Share Your Style Link Party @ 21 Rosemary Lane on Wednesday evening

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life on Wednesday evening


Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home


Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage on Thursday evening

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet


Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Saturday Sparkles @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Create, Bake, Grow & Gather @ Shabby Art Boutique on Friday


Sundays at Home @ My Soulful Home on Saturday

Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home
Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays


18 comments:

  1. I LOVE crepe myrtles! You have some lovely ones, and took some great photos of them. Sorry about the Japanese Beetles...they are such a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, your crepe myrtles are beautiful. I love the blooms. Ours just started to bloom. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living in Ohio, we never had crepe myrtles. I don't know if they don't grow that far north, or we just never had them. In Florida, they seem to be a staple of everyone's front yard. I do admit we had two taken down in the front yard and replaced with magnolias. I miss so many of the plants I could grow up north, but I don't ever see a Japanese beetle, so I guess there is always something to be thankful for. Enjoy those lovely blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful!My Mom has crepe myrtle in her garden too.Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sure have big beautiful blooms! I like the pinks and dark colors best. We see a lot of white ones here but the flowers don't stay as pretty for as long. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love crepe myrtles Judy. Your color is spectacular and I am happy to see the new plantings are coming along nicely. I planted white and they are in full bloom now. I would love to add more next to the fence on the back to add a pop of color. Happy weekend.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, your Crepe Myrtles are lovely - I miss them from Va. There are a couple in our area - but we get 12 below often in the winter and they are not fond of that type of cold. I love the color of yours - so striking.

    This is my first visit to your blog - it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy- wow those are so pretty. I wish I could grow Crepe Myrtles up here but we get just a bit too cold for them. That’s going to be a spectacular sight when they are all blooming! Thanks for joining our Garden Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite bushes of all time, Judy! Yours are beautiful.

    We don't have Japanese beetles here in Texas. That's about the only obstacle we don't have!! :)

    I'm sure glad you joined the garden party today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy, crepe myrtles speak summer in the south. Japanese beetles will certainly destroy them. I love the different colors available. Yours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blooms, well worth waiting for. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh, everything gets some kind of pest! Didn't know about japanese beetles.
    Your crepe myrtles are such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crepe Myrtles are amazing trees. They bloom here all summer in the extreme heat and no rain. I started a blog post on crepe myrtles too, but it's still sittingin draft waiting to be finished. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful crepe myrtles! We have lots here in So. Calif. And I call Japanese beetles Beetle Bombers! lol they are harmless (except to crepe myrtles!), but they are so big they remind me of a big fat bumble bee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed my second visit to see your crepe myrtles. Thanks for linking to Gardens Galore!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are beautiful. I don't have any at our farm, but I need some! My parents have a couple and they are beautiful, like yours. Thank you for linking up today and have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete