A Visit from the Indigo Bunting

I have been seeing the Indigo Bunting on my deck for about a week but haven't been quick enough to get a pic of him but today was my lucky day. My shots aren't great but I'll share them with you.




This vibrant blue bird is a little over 5 inches in length. He has scattered dark markings on his wings and tail.



He is really a black bird but the sunlight is refracted within the structure of the bunting's feathers, making them appear blue. 





He was in the shadows of our deck but I hope to get some better pics of him on another day,





Thanks for stopping by - Judy.

Linking to:

Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
The Scoop @ Stone Gable Blog

Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Photo Gallery
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity


Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturdays
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon
Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound



Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet


10 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! Just look at that! I have never seen one - awesome shots - thanks for sharing, he's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bird ! I have never seen one - you got great shots of him !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren’t they the cutest little birds! I get to see them here every so often. They don’t seem to stick around long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw one fly from one side of the road into the bushes on the other side, but couldn't find him. They sure are beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures of a wonderful bird! I still remember clearly the first time I saw these birds. we were in an RV Park next to a vacant field and I opened the shade one morning to see a field full of these birds! I thought I was in heaven! (We were on the Texas Gulf Coast at migration time .)



    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful bird!
    I have seen Indigo Buntings here, but they are very camera-shy
    Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's just gorgeous! Your captures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up today and have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete