A Christmas Mantel With An Antique Window and Lots of Ornaments

I wasn't going to decorate my mantel until after Thanksgiving this year but decided at the last minute to get it done before family members arrived.  



I was thinking that if the mantel was ready, our guests might want to take some family pics. I was right, they did take several pics with the mantel as a backdrop. 



The antique window was recently purchased at an antique mall then painted and the window panes sprayed with snow.  I made a swag for the window from fresh cedar, berry picks, sprayed pinecones plus a bow. 





Many of our glass ornaments are special and each has a story. I just can't hang them on the tree and risk them falling on our wood floors. I was happy too find the ornament hangers at Hobby Lobby to hold them. If you look close at Raggedy Andy, you can see most of his legs are missing. He had a little accident a few years back so "hanging out" works perfect for him. 





Two garlands were combined then swags were tied into the garland to fill it out. I used staircase lights in the garland plus ornaments and picks. A video from here was my inspiration for the garland. Nothing new was purchased for the garland, I just used what I had. 


I whitewashed the fireplace a few months ago, you can see that DIY here. I'm happy with our Christmas mantel against the whitewashed brick. 












Thanks for stopping by to see my Christmas Mantel - Judy. 





Linking to these great parties:


Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Normandy Life on Sunday evening

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ Stone Gable Blog

Fall into Fall@ DIY by Design on Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style on Tuesday evening
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme on Wednesday

Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson on Wed. evenings 
Share Your Style Link Party @ 21 Rosemary Lane on Wed. evenings
Thoughts of Home on Thursday @ White Spray Paint
Favorite Things Thursday @ Katherine's Corner
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Grace at Home @ Imparting Grace

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home 
Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays







3 comments:

  1. Bravo, Judy!!!!! This is a lush masterpiece, girl!!! You've also inspired me to go ahead and decorate the old window I have hanging in the upstairs hallway. Ugh! Thought I was DONE with the Christmas decorating!!! ☺️ I've been "lurking" some of your other posts, but on this one I just had to give you a hearty shout out! Merry Christmas to you and your family from across the state line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your whitewashed brick. Perfect backdrop for the colors of the holidays, and your collections are so meaningful, love the old stuff, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mantle and those ornaments are adorable. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party.

    ReplyDelete