Decorating the Tree - and a Few Tips

You may be decorating your tree or still planning to decorate soon.  I thought I would share a few tips I kept in mind while decorating. Even though I am using an artificial tree, that doesn't mean it can't be beautiful. 


Choosing a theme is an important part of my decorating. Because I have seen several cardinals around my yard here in Kentucky, I'm going with a cardinal theme with lots of red elements.


After I got the tree placed in the stand and fluff the branches, I began adding the lights and always follow the rule of 100 lights per foot. The tree I am working on is a 7.5 ft tree so I am 700 lights plus lights and push them in deep or at least I try to. 

Three different types of berries were added to the tree.



After the lights and berries, you may have branches or pics to add. I've added some larges branches with apples and berries.



I'm also adding wired gold leaf branches.





Adding the garlands and swags to the tree helps to fill in empty places. I'm like using ribbons on my tree. Sometimes I make bows with the ribbons and other times I drape the ribbons.  




Different shapes and sizes of ornaments on the tree add interest; with the larger ones hung towards the middle and bottom and smaller ones placed near the top. 




The cardinals were added last to the tree since I wanted them towards the outside of my branches and making a statement. 



My grandsons enjoy "Elf on the Shelf" so he has a special place on the tree. 



I'm still working on the topper, so I'll show it to you as soon as it's done . Here's a little reminder of my tips. 


Thanks for stopping in for another day of Life in Kentucky. - Judy.

Linking to:
Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Lavendar Cottage
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ StoneGable Blog
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday @ Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Fall into Fall @ DIY by Design

Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
What Is It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Share Your Style Link Party @ The Uptown Acorn
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Favorite Things Thursday @ Katherine's Corner
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home on Thursday
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 

Feathered Nest Friday @ The French Country Cottage
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Fabulously Creative Friday @ Jennifer Rizzo
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm
Weekend Retreat @ AKA Design & Life
The Bouquet of Talent Party @ Life on Lakeshore Drive - Saturday

Sunny Simple Sunday @ Sunny Simple Life 
Table It Monday @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays



5 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, your tree is going to be beautiful...monochrome trees are so pretty. I love lots of lights, too. This is the first year I have had one with clear lights...everyone always wanted the multi-colored ones...think I have changed their minds!
    How are you liking Kentucky? Is it so different than Missouri?
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love to see little birds in a tree looking gorgeous!
    Happy Christmas!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, Great tips for creating a decorated tree with balance. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy,
    Breathtakingly beautiful, dear friend!!!
    LOVE all the white lights!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely decorations...my theme used to be Santa...now it is a mish mash of my favorite ornaments.


    Donna
    Gardens Eye View
    Living From Happiness

    ReplyDelete