Independence Day

As I began to create my tablescape for the Fourth of July, I really wanted to pay tribute to our Independence Day. On this federal holiday, we love fireworks, parades, barbecues, picnics and family get-togethers.



Now take a look at my whole table.


My centerpiece is vintage inspired with an old wooden box that my husband bought several years ago. I added three potted geraniums, my Peggy Karr flag bowl, and sitting in front of the box is a wooden star a friend made for us several years ago. I thought the red candles really topped it off. My original plans for my centerpiece ended up way too big for the table and now has a prominent place on my server.





I was so happy to find patriotic napkin rings at Kohl's this week and got them at 50% off. Can you see the silver star on the ring?




Each of the cute bowls has a single star in the center. You can see that I have a mix of red and blue ones. I bought them a few years back from a friend's shop. I bought all she had but sure wish I had a few more. I've looked online but no luck either.



The geraniums are faux vining or cascading geraniums purchased a few years ago and I have not been able to find these again. Glad I bought two bunches of them!

July 4th Dinner Menu
Grilled Hotdogs - for my grandsons
Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers 
Grilled Brats
Bowtie & Shell Pasta with Chicken, Italian Sausage and Broccoli
Baked Beans
Slaw
I also found a fun easy dessert my grandsons should just love, Spangled Sandwich Pops.  The picture came from the site.


                                        Spangled Sandwich Pops
Thanks for stopping by to see my Independence Day tablescape.

I hope you enjoy Independence Day with your family and friends - Judy.

Tablecloth is by Pampered Chefs a few years ago.
Red placemats by Tag
White dinner plates are Dollar Store
Red dinner plates are Today's Home from Big Lots
White salad plates are Pfaltzgraff 
Dessert bowls are by Tag
Blue Flatware is from Walmart
Blue Stemware is Dollar Store
White hobnail glasses, bought at a kitchen shop in Branson
Napkins are from Tuesday Morning

Linking to:

On The Menu Monday at StoneGable
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage 
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill 
Meet Me Monday at You're Talking Too Much 

Table Top Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Bunny Hop Party at Bunny Jeans on Tuesday 

Let's Dish  at Cuisine Kathleen on Wednesday
Centerpiece Wednesday at the Style Sisters
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style 
DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer
Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
White Wednesday at Faded Charm

TablescapeThursday  at Between Naps on the Porch
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here on Thursday
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Kristen’s Creations for Share Your Creations on Thursday
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life

Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage
Foody Friday at Designs by Gollum
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Common Ground for Vintage Patriotic Party
Stuff and Nonsense for Friday's Unfolded


Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper



46 comments:

  1. Your tablescape is beautiful, Judy! I love how festive it looks! The bowls are great. I love that some have a red interior & some have blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy I love your red, white and blue! Gotta pin it girl! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your patriotic table setting is so festive. Love all the details for your Independence Day celebration!
    Thanks for stopping by, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, Your tables are just beautiful! So colorful and full of such interesting things! I am your newest "link" follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Judy your RW and B Americana tablescape is AWESOME!

    WOW it is truly amazing - you did a fabulous job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I was looking and reading about your table...I kept wondering about the table cloth...I never knew that Pampered Chef sold linens...it's great...its all wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is one festive tablescape! I would love to join you for that party! Have a great Fourth of July. Visiting from A Delightsome Life, I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful and festive table.ou really pulled it all together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the whole thing from linens right on up, and my very favorite things are the star bowls. The simplicity of them just has a bang effect to me. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your July 4th tablescape is just beautiful! I love the red, white and blue and how it all coordinates. Thanks for visiting and leaving your comment on my blog. Have a great day! Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You did a fantastic job using the patriotic colors for this tablesetting! Your attention to detail is so beautiful,Judy:)Love the wooden box centerpiece filled with red geraniums, makes a beautiful focal point. And I love those star napkin rings and the cute bowls with star inside...beautifully done! Happy 4th! Thanks for sharing this inspiring table setting and for your lovely comment. Have a wonderful day!~Hugs,Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:29 AM

    Beautiful dishes, Judy! I love your rustic wood box with the geraniums, as well as the rustic star! Great job on a red white and blue table!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Judy, your patriotic tablescape is gorgeous, such great elements you have. I love the flag platter and the beautiful dishes. Your rustic geranium box is awesome! Happy 4th. and thanks for sharing honey.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, poo! I was going to ask you where you got the great little bowls, but they are not accessible. Rats! They are really slick! You were smart to buy all that were in your friend's shop! I have started "overbuying" because I'm afraid things won't be available to me when I need them. I think the other word used to describe that is "hoarding", but I'm not going to let that stop me! :-) :-) :-) The whole table looks great and has a strong patriotic vibe. The napkin rings are on in my "LOVE" column!!!!!!!! Terrific centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and festive patriotic table! Love those little bowls. Both your centerpieces are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your patriotic table is splendid, with every little detail thought of! I adore the Red, White and Blue!

    Thank you for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Beautiful table scape. Thanks for entering my giveaway. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful table scape. Your grandsons are the only one who would like the Spangled Sandwich Pop! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Judy, your table is a wonderful tribute to the nation's independence. I totally love your floral arrangement on your buffet. The table lines are just perfect. Love those little bowls too. happy fourth, xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  20. Judy, you've certainly set a beautiful table for Independence Day. It's fun to pull out our red, white, and blue and toss in a few stars and stripes. Thanks for sharing and happy 4th of July. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your table is so festive, Judy! I would feel very special as a guest! Love the geraniums! Thanks so much for stopping by my porch post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Judy. Thanks for stopping by my 4th of July table--I'd been wanting to see yours as I posted, so you made it easy! Love your table, and those bowls are precious! Happy 4th! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  23. PS - I've had a Peggy Karr flag plate on my wish list for a while. Love yours! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your table, specially the bowls.
    I also love how festive your plant is on the side table with the sprigs of red, white and blue popping out of there.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mrs. JBiggs,
    How I love your 4th of July TS. SO patriotic and all the details seems so well choosen. Your goblets are to drool for and I promise, I do really need a set §:-)

    Happy w/end.
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful display of the red, white and blue! Love it! Your centerpiece is gorgeous. And I know your grandsons will enjoy those Spangled Sandwich Pops; what a cute idea! Happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful!! I love your napkin rings and cloth and napkins and bowls. What s great centerpiece too. The hobnail glasses are especially pretty. Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a pretty table Judy! It is stunning! I love your blog banner too! So very pretty! Happy 4th! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful and very patriotic table for the 4th. And your menu is fabulous. I can't believe that the Pampered chef sold table cloths! I am a big PC fan. Out of the loop, I guess I was! lol xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this table Judy! Fantastic job! There are so many great details here and it all comes together beautifully, very patriotic !!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Judy, I love everything about your table. Those hobnail goblets are wonderful and also all the layering of your dishes. The centerpiece is fabulous as is the one on your server. You have such a flair. The menu sounds great, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's lovely, Judy! I always like incorporating live flowers into table decor and yours are done so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a gorgeous July 4th tabelescape.......i love everything about the table, especially that tablecloth!!...My favorite is the basket that is on the buffet..you created such a magnificent arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous11:31 AM

    Judy,
    This is a lovely 4th of July Table. Everything looks so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your tablescape. YOur linens are perfect and the box centerpiece is so pretty. Love that flag star plate, and your basket with the streamers, how cute is that. Perfect. I hope you have a super day. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful holiday tablescape! I love your hobnail goblets. I've seen them someplace and thought I'd would like those! Also, the ice cream bars are so cute, I'm going to do that for my grandkids. Have a wonderful holiday.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the tablecloth - your tablescape is wonderful! Perfect for the Fourth of July! I'll have to check out Pampered Chef again!
    I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your tablescape is beautiful! I love your tablecloth!!!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  39. I Love all of your tablescapes, just when I think I like the one I am seeing the best, you come out with another...Wow!

    Today is an exciting day, we are doing our first Blog Hop here at One More Time
    I have the pleasure of sharing this hop with the lovely Monica from Decorating Insanity. We would love it if you came and link up your beautiful tablescapes!
    Hope to see you there! www.onemoretimeevents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Judy,

    Love love love your patriotic table setting! My favourite colours all together arranged so beautifully. I'm your newest follower. Thanks for stopping by my place.

    Have a great weekend,

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your tablescape is just beautiful and I love your tablecloth. I hope you had a great 4th of July and thank you for stopping by.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love this tablescape! I think my favorites are the geraniums in the vintage wood box and your napkins, so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Between Naps on the Porch.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Such a wonderful celebration of patriotism. Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh, I love it!!1 I especially love that flag bowl! Have never seen one like that! Gorgeous table!!!

    ReplyDelete