Woodland Spring Tablescape


My inspiration for my tablescape this week are the daffodils and my Fitz and Floyd Woodland Spring collection. I love sitting the table for Spring and the beautiful colors in the Spring palette. 


My dishes today are a mixture of Dollar Store, Fiesta, and Walmart. Can you guess which ones are which?


I love the yellow hemstitch napkins I purchased at TJ Maxx; the napkins rings are a gold braided metal from Cockrell's Mercantile.


Now you can look down at the setting and figure out those dishes. Ok, if you thought the dinner plates are Dollar Store, you are correct. Now how about the salad plate? I think it is pretty clear they are Fiesta. They have a little more shine to me and the color is Shamrock. 


Now, how about the yellow plate? It is Fiesta too, just an older yellow plate, it is not the newer yellow Sunflower. We will talk about the green bowl in a minute. ;-)

The flatware is Wm. Rogers and Son Gold Plated Enchanted Rose.


The Woodland Spring Fitz and Floyd pieces have been in my collection for several years. I love the detail in each piece. I thought the pitcher would make a perfect vase for the yellow daffodils. I'll give you a link below to the cute story (post) about the daffodils called "They Belong To The Road" below.


Nothing speaks Spring more than these beautiful yellow daffodils and I think you can see the detail on the pitches; I love the big green leaf on the basket weave pattern.

I pulled the camera up and took a shot looking down at the table. The tall glass jar has some green ivy in it just to add a little more Spring green color to the table.

Look at the detail on the canape plate, each of the flowers is perfectly painted is such beautiful colors and notice the butterfly on the plate. The pieces in front are cream and sugar.

The stemware is Fostoria that I purchased on eBay.

I wanted to share an image that shows the pattern on the table runner below. It has several different colors of flowers on the blue base color of the runner. I can't remember where I purchased or and can't find a tag on it. It looks like April Cornell but I am not positive. Hope one of my blogger friends can help me out with this one.


I folded the runner and set the table for two since we are empty nesters and not expecting company today.
You can see a little of my bread rack in the kitchen. I really enjoy decorating the rack too.

Finally, let's talk about the green bowl in the place setting. It shines as much as the Fiesta salad plate but it is not Fiesta. Well, we have talked about the Dollar Store, Fiestaware and the only place left is Walmart. Yes, the bowl is Walmart but I think it goes pretty well with the Fiesta. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by to see my Woodland Spring tablescape. Leave me a message on what you think about the mixture of dishes or the tablescape.


If you are not a follower, please join - Judy.


Here's a link to my story about the daffodils - They Belong To The Road. Hope you enjoy that story.


Thanks for stopping by - Judy

Linking to:
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Alderberry Hill for Make the Scene Monday

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tell it to me Tuesday at Creatively Living 
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday’s Treasures

Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays 
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
Judy at DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday 
Danette at The Shady Porch for Rock and Share Wednesday
Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish Wednesday at 7 p.m.

Amy at Home Happy Home for Whimsy Wednesday
Mrs. Hines Class for Show and Tell Wednesday

Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursday
Katherine at Katherine’s Corner for Favorite Things Thursday
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday 
Cuisine Kathleen
Katherines Corner for Thursday Favorite Things

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Becca at Home is Where My Story Begins for Home and Family Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jody and Stan @ Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party 
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays



36 comments:

  1. This is a lovely table setting! It is smart to look several places for pulling together the look we want for our decor. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - this is so much fun! Those Fitz and Floyd piece are "to die for"! All of the colors are so pretty and it does look like spring at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Judy! Very pretty tablescape and I LOVE those napkins!! See you on Pinterest. :)
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tablescape...love the mixture of expensive and less expensive, old and new...always creates the best tablescapes...pretty.pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, your table looks so fresh and Spring. I love mismatched china,and yours is lovely,the green and yellow is really nice together.
    x jeanetteann

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful table. I love the pitcher one the table. It is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, your table is gorgeous! I love your dishes and your centerpiece is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothin' to say but "Wow!".

    ReplyDelete
  9. So elegant!

    Please come and see my mellow yellow entry. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your F & F -- I really miss this company. The Fostoria is so beautiful -- I am such a sucker for this stuff1

    Beautiful table, and the yellow and green is so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tablescape is exquisite. I love that plate, so beautiful. I also really like the tall apothecary jar and the pitcher. What fabulous pieces. Beautiful setting. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your table so beautiful! I love that you mixed the fiesta with other economy finds, it all works wonderfully together. I am your newest follower, hope you will stop by we'd love to have you as a follower, Laura - Cottage and Broome

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely and enchanting table setting and wonderful spring flowers ~ Very creative lady ~thanks, namaste, ^_^ linked w/ Outdoor Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is all blends well together. my favorite is the pitcher and cream & sugar set F & F

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Fitz and Floyd pieces are so pretty and I love the story of the daffodils and how you got them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your love and appreciation for the craftsmanship of the Fitz and Floyd pieces shows! And I love how you combine inexpensive pieces, bargain finds and collectables. I find it very inspiring. Your table is so colorful and festive...I can just imagine a tea party at that table.
    Thank you for sharing this lovely table at Show & Tell.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Judy, everything is beautiful. I love it all. I'm hoping you will join Linky, so that many of us can follow you a bit easier. I'm now following you on Pinterest and hope you follow my Pinterest, too. Thanks, Helen (Found you via The Shady Porch)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You got me with that Walmart bowl! It's very nice. I have the dinner plates so I knew where they came from. I love your F & F. Such beautiful detail and you will never find anything like that in a Dollar Tree!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought I was already following your blog, Judy, but I guess I wasn't! I have remedied that now. I love playing that game of guessing what came from where. I was wrong on almost everything, though! :-( You really did a great job of matching that bowl to your Fiesta Ware!!! Wow...I couldn't tell the difference with a gun to my head! (Let's hope it would never come to that!) I LOVE that pitcher and the accomanying pieces!!! The butterflies and other detailing on them are really exquisite!!! I also really like the unusual placement of the spoon across the bowl. Really visually fun!!! Great table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous table! I love the color scheme and the beautiful pieces you've used. I would love to sit down for an Easter dinner here!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, Judy! This is my favorite of any table you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful table that you set! Thank you for sharing this today.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous spring table! I love your spring-Easter decor with those beautiful colours! Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The table is just gorgeous! That pitcher with the big leaf is just the best!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  25. SO well done, it just is the most perfect spring table, Judy!

    Love it - you really put things together nicely!

    What a happy table and so inviting with all its pop of color!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Judy...

    Oooh...your Woodland Spring tablescape is gorgeous, my friend! Like a "breath of fresh air"! I just adore all of your beautiful Fitz and Floyd pieces...they are sooo pretty and make a lovely table! I really enjoyed your spring table...every element...PERFECT!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    I hope that my note is finding you well, dear lady! Sorry that I haven't been by for awhile. I really am trying to get back into the "blogging swing"!

    Have a wonderfully sweet weekend!
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely charming...you've succeeded in creating a lovely garden on your table. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  28. You collected beautiful yellows..

    Visiting for Mellow Yellow Monday- hope you can stop by:)

    http://myrecipecollection.info/2012/03/champagne-mango.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. So beautiful! Thank you for linking up at Whimsy Wednesday!
    Amy@homehappyhome

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful and festive tablescape!

    Thanks so much for linking it @ Creatively Living!
    --Kaite

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a very beautiful creative tablescape! I love the basketweave pattern and the painted detail! You've put it together wonderfully. Thank you for sharing your lovely blog with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  32. I wanted to let you know that I am featuring this today at my link party! Come by and grab your featured button!
    Amy@Homehappyhome

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just LOVE anything F and F!!! Their pieces are always gorgeous to me. The details are exquisite. Your table is beautiful. I think the bowls go perfectly with the Fiesta! Beautiful job. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete