Living Room Design - Part 5 adding layers of pillows


My daughter has had an on-going decorating project in her living room. Many of you have been kindly following along. This post is about her new decorative pillows for two matching chairs in the room. 


The blue/green color of the pillows goes great with the same color in the plaid. 


I had a little trouble with the design of the pillow next to the plaid but Nell Hill's recommended the two together and they are the designers. 


I am over being so hesitant at first and now really like the pillows on the plaid.



The other chair sits on the right side of the couch.



No pillow fights with these pillows for a while! So what do you think about these pillows with the plaid chairs? Could you live with it?


Now for a view of most of the room featuring the new pillows.


Thanks for stopping for a Pillow Showing - Judy.

I am joining the following parties:

Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Common Ground for Monday Marketplace
The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Debbie at Debbiedoo's
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Cozy Home Scenes for Your Cozy Home Scene Party on Monday evening
A Bowl Full of Lemons on Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday 
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
Danette at The Shady Porch for Rock and Share Wednesday
Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday

20 comments:

  1. I am not a very brave person where decorating is concerned.:-) Sometimes we need to "step out of our box," though. The most important thing is that your daughter is happy with the choice she has made. I LOVE the chairs, by the way!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so lovely. I love the partition door as well!! Visiting from the newbie party.

    Kathryn@www.uglyducklingtransformations.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always been slow to mix designs with plaids, but I really like how the pillows go with the plaid. It helps to bring out the shared colors.
    Thanks for stopping by and giving your condolences. I do appreciate it. The funeral went well and time with cousins and my aunt was delightful.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, it looks so pretty! I love pillows! I think they give a home such a warm and welcoming feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new pillow really brings out the little touch of blue in the chair. I love both the chair fabric and the pillow fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lovely lady.
    Your home is Gorgeous !!! I also love your new pillow. Wow you have a way of putting your rooms all together so lovely. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my 2011 Easter Tablescape I was hoping some of my follower would remember this one. I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that pillow pattern, and it totally works with that chair. great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the two patterns together! They really look great! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I could live with it! I think you can add updated patterns with pillows that include the colors in existing furniture. I'm struggling with that myself with a pair of 1980's country blue antique chairs that are not ready to be reupholstered! It's turned out to be more fun that I thought finding pillows to update the chairs! Love the pattern she chose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome idea and I love your daughter's job!
    The room looks beautiful.Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new pillows. Great combination of a classic pattern with something more modern. Love it. Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Judy..thanks for joining my newbie party. Love the pillow. PLEASE add my link to your list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pattern play of the pillows with the plaid it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the pillows. They make the chairs look more modern. With that being said, I'll admit I would be afraid to use that much patten in my home. Guess you and I are just boring....or not very daring at least. I tend to stick with solids or matchy-matchy things. Yet I love seeing bold patterns and colors in other people's houses. Guess I need to branch out more!

    Thank you Judy for linking up to my party. Your daughter has a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice example of mixing prints well - the pillows look great with the chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pillow pattern! I think the patterns work together...the overall look is really beautiful! Thanks for sharing at the Rock 'N Share!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love everything about this room. It is absolute perfection. The pillow is a great touch.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you're having a wonderful Saturday evening Judy. Just dropping by to let you know your daughter's living room was included in My Saturday Picks today. Congrats on your feature. I hope you'll drop by the party again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such fun! I love seeing the decorating taste of others. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice Information! I personally really appreciate your article. This is a great website. I will make sure that I stop back again!. oriental rugs for sale

    ReplyDelete