An Irish Blessing

Decorating with so much green has been fun for me since this is my first St. Patrick's Day tablescape. My table is featuring my Irish Blessing plate. Here's a look at my table.




My tablecloth is pretty green so no question about the occasion.




I just love the Irish Blessing plate I found recently. The verse is so moving and appropriate.




The pineapple is a symbol for hospitality so all are welcome to my St. Patrick's Day table. 




I heard about this place to go shop that had a main store and several small cottages called Cockrell Mercantile Company. It is located on Highway 50 outside of Lee's Summit, MO and is a little hard to find but I loved stopping there and found several of the pieces I am using today.




In the main building of Cockrells, I found the green bubble glasses, the Irish Blessing Plate, green tablecloth, and gold napkin rings. 

Then in the Fiesta Cottage, I bought the Shamrock Green Fiesta plates and the Fiesta green vase. 



In another cottage at Cockrells, I found the cute lad and lassie glittered box and the shamrock votive candle.


I also found the small sheep that has shamrocks on it at Cockrells.

I'll show you one quick image of my bread rack which I am featuring in another post for St. Patrick's Day. I am using it as a dessert center.


You can see my green Mother In Law's Tongue plant on the left and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger and even has small white blooms once a year. The green plant on the right has come back from being left outside one winter weekend at school, so it is doing pretty good now. I'm trying to get all the green I can. 


Here's a link to Cockrell's Mercantile Company and an image of the store and cottages. Yes, it is a country store and cottages, but it is a great place to shop and worth the trip. You will be amazed!




Thanks, my friends, for stopping by today to see my Irish Blessing - Judy.


Parties I am linking to:

7 comments:

  1. I agree...I had fun working with so much green, too. You did a great job on your table! I love the Shamrock Lamb. I can picture a small "herd" of them meandering down the center of a table. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, What fun! I love your green. Cockrell's sounds like such a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have told you this once before, but I went to high school with the owner of Cockrell, Chris Glaze. He still plays in a band with a bunch of our high school mates, and they perform there on occasion. I haven't seen Chris in a couple of years now which is a shame since I live so close to Cockrell. I'll get out there this summer for sure, though, especially for those bubble glasses! You did a fantabulous job on your first St. Patrick's Day table!!! Way to go, young lady!!! LOVE that pineapple candle holder. Mmm, mmm, good! Great idea to scatter the tufts of moss around the base of the centerpiece, too. I'm going to kick back with a little Bailey's Irish Cream on the rocks this weekend. No green beer for me! Have a fun weekend, and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that green tablecloth! Also, that sheep is so cute. I know your guests are going to have a special St. Pat's!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the Irish blessing plate is gorgeous, what a great find, just perfect for this occasion and I'm loving the blessing. Beautiful green tablecloth with the fringes, I like that. Such lucky guests to be at your great St. Patty's Day. Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping over from 2805 and loving all the green on the table, but it is the white flower that really bring focus to the arrangement! Happy St. Patty's Day to you and yours. highpointcircle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, what a gorgeous St. Patrick's Day table!! The green is just stunning; and your attention to detail is just wonderful!! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!!!

    ReplyDelete