Thanksgiving in Blues and Grays

The big Thursday is just about a week away.  For today, I have set a table in light blues and grays giving the traditional oranges and browns a little rest. It never hurts to try something new! 




I do love to decorate with pastel colors in my house, so why not set a Thanksgiving table featuring these light colors. 







I bet you saw these plates at Pier 1 earlier in the season. I bought six then tried to buy a few more a little later but they were sold out. Glad I jumped on buying them as soon as I saw them. Love the blueish gray pumpkin on the plate design. 





For the table centerpiece, dried limelight hydrangeas and little limelights from my  gardens were used. 

I simply cut the blooms in late September; placed them in a vase with just a little water. I try not to touch them since I'm sure they might crumble.






Flatware for the table is Laurie Gates - Sizzle in Oyster Gray. 


The stemware is Fostoria Heritage which belonged to my Mom.




You might be wondering about my mini pumpkins. I grew two plants of them in my tiny vegetable garden. Some of the pumpkins were white and some had orange and white stripes. A little gray paint was added to the striped ones just to go with this blue and gray tablescape. 



The leaves were cut using a Tim Holtz die and my Sizzix Die Cutting Machine. 



If you are waiting a table that is casual and not too formal, this look might be just for you. It could be used for a Thanksgiving breakfast or Thanksgiving evening and a formal table for the main meal. The choice is yours.


The placemats and napkins are also Pier 1.

Thanks for stopping by for my Thanksgiving in Blues and Grays - Judy.


Linking to these great parties:


Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson on Wed. evenings 
Share Your Style Link Party @ 21 Rosemary Lane on Wed. evenings
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life on Wednesday evening

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm on Thursday
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch on Thursday morning
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage on Thursday morning

Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home 
Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays

Met Monday @ BNOP
Celebrate Your Story @ Celebrate and Decorate
The Scoop @ Stone Gable Blog






8 comments:

  1. Judy, your table is stunning!

    I saw those at Pier 1 then went back to buy and they were all gone - I was so mad. They're the prettiest ones of the season that I found, too. Well done - awesome tablescape, darlin. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed by your table. I LOVE it. Our tablescapes are usually more informal, but wish they were more like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! This IS pretty!!! I love the non-traditional color scheme! I’m super impressed that you grew your own mini pumpkins, too! I’m going to try next year. Fingers crossed!!! 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽 This die cutter machine...I NEED that! I don’t really understand that much about how they work or what the extent of their capabilities is, but I would love to be able to create shapes using the paper pattern of my choosing! Those leaves look so cool!!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casual or formal, the design is quite sophisticated. We have similar tastes. I love your table. Thanks for inviting us for a peek. CherryKay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the plates Judy! The colors really are soothing. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I like the soft shades of this table. It is very soothing and inviting. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Judy, so different than the usual colors. Those plates a re so pretty. Just letting you know I am featuring your lovely Thanksgiving table this Sunday at Dishing It & Digging It. Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete